Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-18-2011, 04:15 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcivilian View Post
Haha, sometimes, yes. Only with the stone, since I changed the rock work, I wont see him as much, he found a new den. If order to see him, ill need a coraline scraper.. which dont exsist, they are called razors by hand, and thats too close for comfort!

But they do have their normal spots so to say.
The easy blade attachment fits on a mag float and they make razor scrapers with long handles.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:30 AM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road

Still tricky, I only gave myself a small window in my topper for access... so I kinda shot myself in the foot there. So long handled razors just dont work in my current setup.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:56 AM

Some pics I deem worthy of posting.. I might clip a few out up above cause they are not as good as id like... but here they are!

Old 01-12-2012, 04:16 AM

So, for the last 2 and a half years ive been applying for a job with the government of Canada. Today, I got my contract and leave to the training site in Regina for 6 months. So this tank will be shut down.. for the time being, livestock going to Lorenzo.. who I have forced to keep his closed down tank running. So it sadens me to do this, but this thread is officially in shut down mode as per Jan 31st, for 6-10months till I can get somthing new going. Fire sale to start soon on equipment & corals.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:52 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Ah bummer you had such a neat setup but you seem happy about this opportunity so it must be something pretty cool. Good luck, hope to see you back at it soon down the road!

Edit: Regina eh. Hmmmmmm. Do you have to learn to ride a horse?

Last edited by Delphinus; 01-12-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:22 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

It's funny cause he probably will!

Lol there goes my shut down. Now I get the muppets moving in
Old 01-12-2012, 05:26 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear you have to shut down, glad you were able to convince lorenz0 to take them. Congrats on the new job

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcivilian View Post
Is this a frogfish with the eel? I was wondering what kind of a tankmate I could put with my frogfish and I was wondering if an eel would be a good choice. How do they get along?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Ah bummer you had such a neat setup but you seem happy about this opportunity so it must be something pretty cool. Good luck, hope to see you back at it soon down the road!

Edit: Regina eh. Hmmmmmm. Do you have to learn to ride a horse?
Yup. 2.5years of application processes, turned down once.. been a battle but im there. Now to survive training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
It's funny cause he probably will!

Lol there goes my shut down. Now I get the muppets moving in
Thank ya buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Sorry to hear you have to shut down, glad you were able to convince lorenz0 to take them. Congrats on the new job
is this a frogfish with the eel? I was wondering what kind of a tankmate I could put with my frogfish and I was wondering if an eel would be a good choice. How do they get along?
Yes, they got along fantasticly till my heater blew up, and my tank shot down to 17, and everyone was burrowed but the frogfish.. and he passed away from shock.. so the expensive heaters arnt always the good ones. Luckily everyone else burrows and got under with the sand to stay warm till I got the temp back up with back up heaters.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 AM

So only 20 more months till I might be able to setup a tank again.. count down begins..

here is my current project..

Till the end of the count down I will be stalking all of your tanks...