Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > JL Aquatics

Old 09-30-2015, 03:00 PM

jlaquatics is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot guys.

This dose of support really hit the spot.

Jeff
Old 09-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Jeff, can we get the color changed to more of an aquamarine? The blue isn't doing if for me. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:56 PM

George is on a distinguished road

Maybe it's too late now, but there is a thing called "beta" in the software/web development world where you basically release your software to a small, controlled group to test the reaction and flushing out the bugs.
For future reference.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:41 PM

skp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Maybe it's too late now, but there is a thing called "beta" in the software/web development world where you basically release your software to a small, controlled group to test the reaction and flushing out the bugs.
For future reference.
I think that beta testing has its place but not in this situation. The entire premise of a website is to attain a presence on the web to reach a very high upper limit of users with one scalable application. If the goal is to debug actual errors in functionality, such as a system crash when trying to add to a wishlist, then that should be handled internally by User Acceptance Testing. If you're trying to tailor the application based on user feedback aka 'opinions' then it isn't feasible to do so for a website (since you're trying to go 'viral'). It becomes really expensive very quickly if you're trying to make every potential user on the world wide web (or even just Canada) happy. And believe me, everyone has a different opinion on what they dislike.

Personally, if I'm just looking for info and I come across a frustrating website then I just go somewhere else. If I'm trying to purchase a service or product from a known vendor and their website is frustrating then I just call or email.

resources: Programmer/analyst for the last 15 years.

I see that Jeff is glued to that computer behind the cash register way too much and I don't thing he's just browsing the web looking at pictures of corals and fish.

Thanks for all the hard work Jeff.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:38 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Among all the other things that are driving me nuts about this new site that everyone has all ready mentioned like reef save and difficulty to keep levels for livestock and coral (And I do terrible when the sites I like change)... I don't notice a filter for brand...? (I apologize if that has been mentioned all ready)

I used to really like how I could go onto your old side, select fish food, and go right into the section and only see Omega One food.
Perhaps on the left there where for example I can sort by type of food, you can also allow a filter for brand? Like how Walmart or Petsmarts websites have 100 different things you can choose to filter by and list each brand, price, type, etc...
I used to do this for numerous items on there and loved how I could click one of the options on the main page and only see a certain type of that item.

And perhaps it's just me and the settings I use but when you use the side menu there and hover dry goods, then have to choose between Supplies or equipment (I liked how the old one showed all the options all the time, I was never sure if 1 item was classed as 1 or the other haha) But in particular for the "equipment" category, my screen isn't big enough to show all the options with out scrolling down, then I loose the whole menu, and if I scroll down enough to show where the bottom "wavemakers" would appear, I can no longer see the top where I first hovered "dry goods" or equipment" and then I loose my menu and have to scroll up and re-hover. I don't keep my display settings at the smallest option, but their also not at the largest.

Gave up on trying to use it on my phone.

I do love how "New and Noteworthy" still remained a nice easy button/page to locate.
And your hours are still shown on every page so their way easier to access then more websites as you're trying to figure out what section they've hidden their address and hours under.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:47 PM

shiftline is on a distinguished road

I actually find this new site easier to navigate and find the search works better.

However it either works awesome or returns no products (through menu link or search) possibly a db connection is but I'm sure it will fixed up soon enough. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-02-2015, 12:42 AM

RyanJoelSmith is on a distinguished road

Just bought a skimmer today, didn't really think twice about the site. Although, I have been out of the hobby for a few years.

Thanks Jeff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2015, 08:55 PM

Sidius is on a distinguished road

@ Coasting - It looks like they either took your advice about the Brands thing or you just missed it but there's a big "Brands" button at the top of the website beside "New and Noteworthy". I feel you on this one too because I used to search that way every time I went to the old site.

I do still like this site better and I can see the potential for a much easier to navigate and much more visual experience. I personally like to see bigger photos of what I'm buying and lots of information, this new layout seems better in that regard.

On another note, I just noticed that all your flowchart links to the external water pumps that I've looked at seem to be a dead link. Those charts are pretty handy to have.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:29 PM

jlaquatics is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidius View Post
On another note, I just noticed that all your flowchart links to the external water pumps that I've looked at seem to be a dead link. Those charts are pretty handy to have.
Thank you for mentioning this - it has been fixed!
Old 10-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

No email confirmation from order. And about the color....