Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > JL Aquatics

Old 09-27-2015, 10:44 PM

d33ps3a is on a distinguished road
Default New website is really bad.

What is with the new website? It's really bad. I can't even navigate in it. Please return to old style.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:10 PM

Jordon is on a distinguished road

I think you need to be more specific and give constructive criticism.

I have to say the old layout was much easier to navigate. With the new one, lets say I want to look at skimmers. I now have click 4 links and visit a total of 5 pages to get there which is incredibly annoying.

[Home Page] Shop Now>Dry Goods>Aquarium Equipment>Protein Skimmers

I can "hover" over it with my mouse, but if I move too fast or slightly on an angle, the menu disappears and I have to start from the beginning (I'm sure we have done this on other sites, and how annoying it can be)

I think a vertical side menu w/ filters is a smart idea [when implemented correctly] but should be in its own 'frame' and not load an entire new page just to get there. Keep what is on the screen to the right, where you can navigate through the menu, and the right side of the page changes when clicking on a link.

Here is an example. Click Shop Now, and then when you hit the links with the + beside them, a sub menu pops up below it, and you can navigate much easier. A click would be required and no more hovering.

[Home Page]
*click* Shop Now
[New menu opens on left side page]
Dry Goods
+Aquarium Equipment
++Protein Skimmers [Right side of page opens showing Skimmers when clicked]

I hope that make sense...
Old 09-28-2015, 12:11 AM

rsisvixen is on a distinguished road

Instead of clicking anything you could just type in protein skimmers in the search and voila
Old 09-28-2015, 12:11 AM

tlhood is on a distinguished road

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=115861
Old 09-28-2015, 06:10 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

The look of the new site is OK, but I agree it's much harder to find specific things when trying to browse by category. Making more use of the search facility, and that helps a bit, but the onus in on the searcher to come up with good search terms. For example if "widget A" isn't something for sale but "widget B" is, but it might not turn up in a search for "widget A".

Now I'm more tempted to just send an email with inquiries. This may or may not be welcome by the receivers of said emails depending on the number of people who feel the same way.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:21 PM

Sackler is on a distinguished road

It's much more difficult on mobile I have to go on my computer to view website
Old 09-28-2015, 06:32 PM

Skimmin is on a distinguished road

Agreed. The new site looks good but thats where it ends on the good. Your site used to be great. It looks fancier now but much less user friendly. Get rid of it. Or at least get the category/item list back that used to be on the left side of the page.
300 Gal 6x3x28 high Starphire peninsula w/external herbie/bean animal hybrid +150 Gal custom sump with 30gal fuge section, (both built by Concept Aquariums Calgary), 3x Ecotech Radion xr30w g2's(soon to be G3 Pros), Jebao DCT 12000 return pump, 2x Jebao RW 20 powerheads, Tunze Ato, Vertex ro/di, Reef Octopus Ext 200 skimmer run internally.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:35 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

I bought something over the weekend and found it very confusing. I had to use my boo's pc to find the item name, then go back to my iPad to order..AFTER i had to make a new account per the instructions. Guess we will all get used to it!
Old 09-28-2015, 08:51 PM

Bugger is an unknown quantity at this point

They must of spent 5 to ten grand on this new site. I don't think there going back
Old 09-28-2015, 09:48 PM

somafish is on a distinguished road

Sad thing is I haven't even looked at the site in a couple weeks, I use to check it every other day. It's like Canada corals the new websites don't make sense to me, by trying to make it sleek and modern it seems more complicated then it needs to be.