Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 11-10-2013, 05:33 PM

AdrianC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillegom View Post
When I first tried nori on a pipe with elastic band, the fish were all freaked out about the white pipe. But eventually after the first bold one started to eat, the others slowly didn't want to be left out. Took several days though. They just have to get used to it and when they do, your slow snails will only get tidbits that float and settle somewhere else.

As mentioned, the personality of fishes varies greatly. I have a coral beauty that is a pussy. The flame angel on the other hand...
I'll keep trying the pipe on and off further. I guess i got the only bully cb. Lol maybe i should find her a bigger bully lol
Old 11-10-2013, 05:35 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianC View Post
I keep them pretty well fed just to ensure my smaller clown gets something. Occasionally i add a good amount of brine shrimps in. Seems to calm everyone, prolly cuz they are too engorged to really act out lol. I did try the nori on a pipe trick. Seems though only my skunk, snails, and conch seem at all interested in it lol

Also just put the mirror up so far she seems to avoid it all togther so i put it in the clowns fav spot. Lol now if i can only get my clowns to move.
Try a magnetic veggie clip I find the fish like it better off the bottom, seems to work well for me.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:45 PM

AdrianC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown lover View Post
Try a magnetic veggie clip I find the fish like it better off the bottom, seems to work well for me.
I tried the veggie clip with a suction cup. It waved around too much for them. Seems everyone is afraid of waving plant food but not each other lol
Old 11-10-2013, 09:35 PM

Alberta-newb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll keep trying the pipe on and off further. I guess i got the only bully cb. Lol maybe i should find her a bigger bully lol
Lol, no my CB is the boss of his tank as well. He's in with a Flame Angel, Falco Hawk and a yellow tang. Everyone steers clear of him when he gets belligerent

I found the aggression subsided with time as they learn the pecking order, but rearranging the rock, dimming the lights and the mirror trick all help to reduce the fighting initially.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:25 AM

Aysha is on a distinguished road

I am having similar issues, my elibi likes to beat up my FIREFISH...can't win.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:50 AM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I tried the veggie clip with a suction cup. It waved around too much for them. Seems everyone is afraid of waving plant food but not each other lol
That's why I use a magnetic clip they don't wave around at all.