Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-29-2011, 03:34 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

My first two BB's were a heap of junk, but the 3rd one after getting replaced was dropped about 1-2 times PER DAY... sometimes from 3-4feet. Sometimes just an inch or two. It took a year before I actually cracked the screen. You guys would have been impressed at the scratch/wear marks. The phone still worked after that... but it still had all the problems that occured before I started dropping it. (Im much more careful with my Iphone4... only dropped it once 2 feet so far in 2 months).
Old 10-29-2011, 02:44 PM

badAZZlars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
huh? My wife has an iphone, and on her retail plan, she has to have the phone for 30 months before she can upgrade without any extra charges. This is on Bell. My friend says her's is the same on Telus.
You're adding a year, so upgrading after 2 on existing contract? My option is for any phone, not android specific, if I had an iphone or BB, same thing. We get the annual upgrade as we have a lot of employees.
I had the iPhone 4 which I got on launch day and after having it for about 15 months I got a text from bell stating I was eligible for an upgrade. Not sure why but I took advantage and got the 4s.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by badAZZlars View Post
I had the iPhone 4 which I got on launch day and after having it for about 15 months I got a text from bell stating I was eligible for an upgrade. Not sure why but I took advantage and got the 4s.
That was a free upgrade, or their pro-rated early upgrade option? If free, wahoo, good mistake on their part. My wife has the 4 and got no such msg
I'll add her to my corp plan though, and then she's eligible right away.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:14 PM

badAZZlars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That was a free upgrade, or their pro-rated early upgrade option? If free, wahoo, good mistake on their part. My wife has the 4 and got no such msg
I'll add her to my corp plan though, and then she's eligible right away.
I still had to pay the $160 3 year price and sign into a new 3 year plan. But I sold my 4 for 350 so I made money on the deal.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by badAZZlars View Post
I still had to pay the $160 3 year price and sign into a new 3 year plan. But I sold my 4 for 350 so I made money on the deal.
Good deal! My wife is eager to get the 4S (for no real reason other than it's newer and has a S in the name )
Old 10-29-2011, 07:59 PM

Aquaria is on a distinguished road

Blackberry is utter crap and if the guy who said that bb hardware was superior could kindly tell my 7 junk bb perals, curves and bolds it would be greatly appreciated. No for real though iv had nothing but problems with BB for years now and will never buy another BB. I'm currently sitting on the fence and despite people claiming androids are better I see absolutely no difference in the two phones. It's apples vs oranges no pun intended
Old 10-29-2011, 09:04 PM

scherzo is on a distinguished road

BB for business? iPhone for play? I don't understand that argument.

I've done a tonne of business (running conferences and talking to almost 100 vendors) through my iPhone. No problems, easy to communicated etc.. I have NEVER had a situation where I couldn't do "business" on the phone.

Truth is - people are attached to their phones

BB users (like the BB corporation) is unfortunately "OLD SCHOOL THINKING" and is losing marketshare RAPIDLY!

iPhone and Android phones are #1 & #2 in the world and RIM is falling fast.

Google will NOT buy BB unless there is some intellectual property they want. Not because it is a good brand. They (google) already own Motorola Mobility so they don't need much more. (although every time google sneezes they spit out 10 BB companies in $ value).

I use my iPhone for business and storing music/podcasts. I can edit documents (in a pinch... screen is a bit small... but good for emergencies), read PDFs and do everything I need to do.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherzo View Post
BB for business? iPhone for play? I don't understand that argument.
for us, it's security. Smart phones don't securely connect to our servers, so policy says nothing but BB. The company pays for the BB, not smart phones, so that's a lot of Blackberries (we have close to half a million employees)
Old 10-29-2011, 10:42 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
for us, it's security. Smart phones don't securely connect to our servers, so policy says nothing but BB. The company pays for the BB, not smart phones, so that's a lot of Blackberries (we have close to half a million employees)
Same here. Only bb can connect to our VPN
Old 10-29-2011, 11:17 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Best thing I like about the iphone 4s is the ability to have talk to text.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build