Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-28-2011, 06:29 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

I've never had any cases or protectors on my iPhone. It's just a phone. And I know I'll probably be replacing it every year
Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
I've never had any cases or protectors on my iPhone. It's just a phone. And I know I'll probably be replacing it every year
man if I had your money I would burn mine.. every year.. thats a lot to pay for a phone..

as for dropping BBerrys, I have dropped my torch three times now getting out of my truck.. twice were a drop from about 5 feet, and the third some how it got throwen about 10 feet away also couple scratches, but nothing is lose.. nothing is cracked, and it works just like it did when I got it... I am a little more carefull now

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
But I rely on this phone for business, any missed email or calls, means missed revenue or potential. I never liked the fact that there is a third party involved, being BB servers...

me to. if I miss a call from work it would cost me over 1000.00 bucks for lost work and penilities.. thats why I have the blackberry. I am not saying the iphone or the android phones wont work just as good for me, I am just going by my track record with BBerrys. this is my third and I have never had a hardware issue with any of them.. thats 7 years of problem free phones. as for outages there has been two in the last two years that were more than 30 min, and they only affected e-mail and BBM. this last one my BBM was laging by 15 min, and e-mail was about 4 hours behind but that wasn't an issue for me as it is the phone I depend on for work.

I have had a cell for 20 years now.. and the BBerries were the first ones that didn't need to be replaced for hardware issues.

now I haven't tried iphone, except for playing with my kids and I thought nice toy, but the phone wasn't as good as my storm or my torch. sure it had what 10X the apps available, but look at the apps on 99% of the iphones most are useless amusment things. yes there are some cool things, I do like the slide to unlock on the iphone and now there is a app for BBerry that adds that feature. I don't use my phone for music and if I did I wouldn't use the iphone because I hate how pushy and restrictive the ituens is. when they make them so you can slide mp3's over like a hard drive transfer instead of through propriatary software then I would concider it. so realy a i-phone is for some one who wants toys over a phone, and theres nothing wrong with that. its a personal choice. I chose to use a seperate MP3 player instead of my phone, I chose to play games on my x-box or wii instead of my phone. sure I have a crib and a poker game on there for when I am stitting in a air port and I don't want to start my laptop up, but all my other apps are utilities like a scientific calculator ect......

as for the android setup.. every one I know who has got one has loved it, what I don't like about them is the amount of different configurations.. android is an operating system and nothing more.. so every phone maker has jumped on the bandwagon and made android compatable phones.. but some are better than others some do this but not that... so which one does one get?

I think the ideal phone would be if google would buy out RIM while the stocks are still low and make there own phone this would give them the most secure e-mail and msg combine with one of the most adapatable operating systems..

what BBerry lacks is one thing. hardware wise they are probably the best phone on the market but there isn't enough forward thinking in the design and concept section of the company. they need a young visionary to dream up new ideas for there phone instead of playing catchup all the time.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 10-28-2011, 07:38 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
man if I had your money I would burn mine.. every year.. thats a lot to pay for a phone..

as for dropping BBerrys, I have dropped my torch three times now getting out of my truck.. twice were a drop from about 5 feet, and the third some how it got throwen about 10 feet away also couple scratches, but nothing is lose.. nothing is cracked, and it works just like it did when I got it... I am a little more carefull now

Steve
It doesn't cost me anything. I do a hardware upgrade and get thee new iPhone for 200 dollars and extend my contract by an editional year. Then sell my old iPhone on kijiji to cover the cost of the new one.

If anytime in that year I damage my phone I call in and get a replacement under warranty
Old 10-28-2011, 07:47 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

On a side note, wanted to give my wife my old headset, so she doesn't get any distracted driving tickets. So I went to Future Shop to get me a new one today. Left with the Motorala Roadster Hands free unit.

Very cool... It clips onto your visor, it of course is a hands free unit using bluetooth, but can also transmit FM into the vehicle stereo. Works very well. It can also play my IPhone music if I wish, using bluetooth to transmit from phone to handsfree, then fm to the vehicle stereo. Works well, not 100% audiophile sound, but not bad.

It can also read texts, emails, etc using Motospeak app for BB and Andriod devices, this app isn't available for Iphone, but with the 4s I have, Siri does all this and more.

So I recommend this to anyone looking for a bluetooth device, so they can talk on the phone, while driving without worry of a ticket.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 10-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
.. so which one does one get?
Clearly one would get the Galaxy S2
Old 10-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
It doesn't cost me anything. I do a hardware upgrade and get thee new iPhone for 200 dollars and extend my contract by an editional year. Then sell my old iPhone on kijiji to cover the cost of the new one.

If anytime in that year I damage my phone I call in and get a replacement under warranty
I do the same, but most carriers have a 30 month upgrade plan. Mine is every year on my corporate plan, so I just upgraded, sold my old Galaxy S to cover the cost of the upgrade. Free phone every year!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I do the same, but most carriers have a 30 month upgrade plan. Mine is every year on my corporate plan, so I just upgraded, sold my old Galaxy S to cover the cost of the upgrade. Free phone every year!
ya thats what I did to go from my storm to my torch, but the upgrade for tellus in the smart phones is 20 bucks / month, so that would be 480.00 for a two year early upgrade. plus you just get the 3 year rate on the phone so that would be 580.00 to upgrade after one year on a 3 year plan.

Steve

Old 10-28-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Clearly one would get the Galaxy S2
I have heard about that one and by all accounts it looks good. and when you can get BBM for android I will think about it... well in two more years when my contract is up that is. but by then the S2 will be so 2011.

Steve

Old 10-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
ya thats what I did to go from my storm to my torch, but the upgrade for tellus in the smart phones is 20 bucks / month, so that would be 480.00 for a two year early upgrade. plus you just get the 3 year rate on the phone so that would be 580.00 to upgrade after one year on a 3 year plan.

Steve
I get a free upgrade annually with our corp plan, so just the regular cost of the phone for 3 yr contract. The S2 was 159, sold my S for 175.