Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-17-2009, 02:00 AM

fishguyxd is on a distinguished road
Default shaw phone

Well I know my posts have been dealing with a lot of phone stuff latley Anyone have shaw's residential phone service any concerns how do you like it?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:15 AM

traco is on a distinguished road

We have it, can't run our old outdated modem on it though, but other than that, no problems.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:41 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

I was wondering,
What if you want enother phone say in other room or upstairs, do you need to run a coax cable there?
thx
Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 AM

loveless is on a distinguished road

No there is a modem on the board where the line comes into the home and hooks your whole house up just like a regular phone.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:39 AM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

I have had it for about a year. It has been better than Telus over that time. The calls are clearer and their plans suit me fine.

Tom R
Old 02-17-2009, 03:57 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

I've been on shaw phone for a few years now and I enjoy their service. So far so good, I recommend them.

RuGlu6 you can run as many phones as you have with shaw, basically works the same as the other phone companies. They run a modem into the main phone line and you can plug your phones into whatever phone jacks you have in your house.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:02 AM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

I've been on shaw for a home phone for a bit now and have had not problems. I know a bunch of people that have been on shaw for years and they have not had any real problems. When shaw started home phone there were problems of no dail tone and people calling you getting a busy signal, but that was years ago and if this happpened and if you called shaw they would give you a free month service. Just think, you can bundle phone, internet and cable and save some money.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:11 AM

MikeP is on a distinguished road

I can agree with this. I've had Shaw phone, internet and TV for a few years and had some minor phone issues early on but haven't had any trouble for quite some time. I would recommend anything Shaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Man View Post
I've been on shaw for a home phone for a bit now and have had not problems. I know a bunch of people that have been on shaw for years and they have not had any real problems. When shaw started home phone there were problems of no dail tone and people calling you getting a busy signal, but that was years ago and if this happpened and if you called shaw they would give you a free month service. Just think, you can bundle phone, internet and cable and save some money.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:17 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

i have only added the phone in the last 18 months, but love the flat rate accross canada. have had no issues with it what so ever. thinking of getting rid of the the old shoe phone.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:06 AM

awa1979 is on a distinguished road

I had them for about a year no issues at all.

Only got rid of it as I was only using the phone 1-2 times a month, so it wasn't cost effective to keep it.