Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-17-2009, 07:03 PM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

Or the fact you don't require a contract with Shaw....

And they have 10mbit and 25mbit internetz!!!

(But telus is rolling out GPON soon... Gigabit Passive Optical Network)...
Old 02-18-2009, 02:11 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
The main reason for using Shaw?....it's not Telus!
So true!

Quote:
Sorry for going off topic. Just can't (Telus sucks) help (Shaw rocks) myself sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
IMO there is only one provider with worse customer service than Rogers...and they like to color yellow tangs purple and blue.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:49 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

so here I got shaw for Internet and TV but want to switching the whole house over to Telus for their TV. Not big a having to pay for Shaw's digital boxes that Telus gives out.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

I know a couple of people who had Telus TV and ended up switching to Shaw. Let's just say, there must be a reason why Telus gives away their equipment. I use Expressvu for TV. Their HD PVRs are the best, hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
so here I got shaw for Internet and TV but want to switching the whole house over to Telus for their TV. Not big a having to pay for Shaw's digital boxes that Telus gives out.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:14 PM

awa1979 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I know a couple of people who had Telus TV and ended up switching to Shaw. Let's just say, there must be a reason why Telus gives away their equipment. I use Expressvu for TV. Their HD PVRs are the best, hands down.
I had Telus TV when I lived in Edmonton, had it about a year, never had any major issues. It went down once for about an hour, but that was it.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:27 PM

Norstar is on a distinguished road

If you have a monitored alarm system, and you are concerned about security - DO NOT get a Shaw telephone line.

The draw back is that Shaw only provides an 8 hour battery pack in their modems. That's 8 hours of storage time - not talk time. If the power goes off, or you have power interuption for any length of the time - your alarm system will not be able to call the monitoring company if you have a break in. The alarm system has enough battery power for quite some time. However, your Shaw line does not.

Beware if the battery wears out as well. No power, no phones. Life expectancy under optimal conditions is approx. 3-4 years.

If you are thinking of using Shaw for a multi-line business - my advice can be condensed in one word - "DON'T"!

A telephone tech
Old 02-19-2009, 12:41 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norstar View Post
If you have a monitored alarm system, and you are concerned about security - DO NOT get a Shaw telephone line.

The draw back is that Shaw only provides an 8 hour battery pack in their modems. That's 8 hours of storage time - not talk time. If the power goes off, or you have power interuption for any length of the time - your alarm system will not be able to call the monitoring company if you have a break in. The alarm system has enough battery power for quite some time. However, your Shaw line does not.
so if you do have a monitored alarm, then get a battery back up for your phone the size you need, small price to pay to get rid of telus.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.