Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-09-2010, 01:19 PM

michika is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The LAST big upgrade

The RO/DI is Bulk Reef Supply's Spartan system. It does 300 gpd and set us back $399.99+shipping (~$100). We also ordered a booster pump and misc. plumbing parts in a second order.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:27 PM

Default Re: The LAST big upgrade

Got out ozonizer on Friday, put it online in the 180g for the time being.

The beast skimmer is also going online on the 180g later today, the skimmer pumps on the 180g keep seizing.

Kevin blew out the remaining bathroom wall this afternoon and right now is cutting wood for the new wall.

I on the other hand am chipping up VCT and Lino tiles and wishing for a couple of nice cold beers.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:11 PM

BlueAbyss is on a distinguished road

Chipping tiles sucks, I don't envy you... I'm sitting on the deck ATM, where it's ~18C (and damn bright). You should be outside, I bet it's sunny and warm in Saskatoon today as well
Old 03-20-2010, 05:44 PM

We've been busy for the last couple of weeks.

Air dryer showed up last week, its huge! The ozonizer is online and chugging away on the 180g. Just hunting down some calibration fluid for the ORP probe so we can start running it with the RKE.

The rest of the fishroom has been gutted

In wall plumbing surprise

Where the new wall will go

Ceiling surprise! A heating duct that ended nowhere but in the ceiling behind a board. We'll be making use of it as that laundry room is cold.

Vintage spigots that lead to our washer and dryer. They need to be replaced, but I love the look of them.

Wall building in a small enclosed space

Its up!

Some photos detailing the holes to drill.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:33 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

The drawing of the end of the tank 3'x2'....is that hole configuration going on both ends of the tank or just one?.......tank is gonna look like swiss cheese with all those holes in it
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 03-23-2010, 12:52 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
....tank is gonna look like swiss cheese with all those holes in it
.. so true!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 03-23-2010, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
The drawing of the end of the tank 3'x2'....is that hole configuration going on both ends of the tank or just one?.......tank is gonna look like swiss cheese with all those holes in it
Just one end. We're also going to do a center brace as well.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:45 PM

Eb0la11 is on a distinguished road

Been over a month. Updates?
Old 05-01-2010, 01:12 PM

I'll hook you up this afternoon/tonight with a recap of where we are at now. It will include videos of when we first brought the skimmer online!

I have had to stop working on this project temporarily due to work, school, sports, and other commitments. Kevin however is still working on the basement in his free time.

This morning we're making a couple dump runs, and a stop at the hardware store for additional supplies.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 PM

And we're back on track! After a rough patch including severely decreased income, we're hoping things are now back to normal!

Enmax is not my friend these days...they "forgot" to bill us for three months resulting in a $900 bill. This is after I called them every month and inquired as to the balance owing...oh joy!

So that being said, I'm kind of on a kick to really reduce my monthly utility bills. We currently pay about $204 per month, and and when I calculated all my material out originally I though we'd be paying about ~$350/month to run this beast in utility costs.

I still really love the idea of LED lighting over T5s and MHs. I'm really hoping that in the next year some great LED lighting that would be appropriate to our situation pops up. DIY or commercial, I honestly couldn't care, but the thought of forking out $350 monthly in electricity and water does make me cringe. I'd rather be buying clams with that cash.

Kevin has finished wiring up the basement for internet, and I think the power is run (excluding the workshop) for the whole basement. We have the tank room mostly framed in now. We're just waiting on our water barrels to continue.

The giant beast of a skimmer has been chugging away from quite some time. The stuff it pulls out of the 180g makes me sick to look at. Kevin is looking at doing a few mods on the collection cup to allow for some other adjustments we'll need down the road.