Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 PM

Flash is on a distinguished road
Default What Other Hobbies do you have?

Keep It clean please as I know where some of you will go.... DOUG lol!... but I am just currious!

Before I got into saltwater, I was majorly into reptiles. I had about 20 snakes corns and ball pythons, a few different geckos, an asian water dragon and a few chameleons... but through the past 8 years I am down to my Gecko collection. I have a few different types of rhacodactylus geckos (cresteds, chahoua and a crested/sarasinorum hybryd) I have fallen inlove with these little guys have have decided to try and breed a couple. If you don't know about these geckos, you should google them! they are awesome, fast and stick to almost anything!

besides my reptiles, I play hockey, ice and ball at competitive levels which virtually allows me no down time!

what do the rest of you do?

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 PM

BMahura is on a distinguished road

I snowmobile every chance I get during the winter months and during the other months I'm busy coaching football. Other then those photography and saltwater fish are my other hobbies
Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Border Collies Agility, flyball, stock work.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:12 PM

i always thought about putting my one collie cross into fly ball... but he doens't care for other dogs much!

Old 05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
i always thought about putting my one collie cross into fly ball... but he doens't care for other dogs much!
You'd probably get away with it anyway. Practice has the dogs in crates unless they're running, and when they're running, they don't think much about anything else. My boy and another dog on the team hate each other, but when running, they ignore each other almost completely.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Just a guy..

I could connect you with a good team in Edmonton as well, they'd help you manage the issue.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

From late April to October, I tend to spend a lot of my free time in the backyard. Grow lots of fresh veggies, fruits, berries, and herbs for my family. Never was into gardening until Felicia was born. She loves to go into the back and help her Dad and she loves her fresh produce so that's my "warm" weather hobby. This spring, when it finally stops raining, I'll be building a big greenhouse (12' x 8' x 10' tall).
Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Just a guy..

Anthony, won't that cut into your deck area??
Old 05-02-2012, 05:39 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Collecting Hot Wheels, or as my wife calls them "dinky toys" Collecting watch's then dirty looks from the wife when "another one!!" shows up. Collecting corals... I'm weak, 16 mini maxi's... and counting. I think I have a collecting bug...Paper money, bottle openers, Inuit art are a few of the ones from the past....
Old 05-02-2012, 05:42 PM

jorjef that's awesome! my dad collect canadian nickels the old one 1945 and earlier! i've always wanted a mini-max! no idea where i would put it.. but i'd love one... maybe in my new frag tank!