Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

I agree with your thoughts and understand your rationalle, it makes sense to me.

I would be happy to work with any staff on this issue, I think forum members deserve this type of information to be available. I choose to opt out until the system adds more value for members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent F View Post
Any negative comments are not permitted so would be removed from your sponsor forum as they would from any other. Since only positive comments are permitted I decided not to comment on any vendor who does not want to participate in the polls.

If vendors opt out they shouldn't be surprised if customers do too. I have a difficult time with the rules for one vendor being different than all others. I can post feedback on everyone except you under the current setup and decided if you don't want my feedback it is inappropriate to comment at all on any purchases.

The moderators have done well with this first attempt at trying to find something workable. I anticipate we will end up somewhere other than where we are right now. Why not work with them instead of opting out?

I see your point on anonomous comments. I don't have problems with voting being public. I also don't have problems with the current setup where voting is confidential and the vendors have the ability to ask the moderators to investigate to ensure the votes are legit.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:00 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

It's important to note not all us vendors are the same. I for one have very small customer bases and as a result, for the most part, get to know all my customers quite well. I always ensure my clients are completely satisfied so either someone took one of my posts too seriously or I have an angry customer. Either way I have no way of resolving the issue. If there's a problem I would like to fix it.

Also what about all those great local stores supporting this site? I've seen it many times, someone with little experience buys a piece of livestock without knowing much about it. It either dies or does something they don't like and they blame the store for not having mind readers. Now when they're still mad they can vote on these forums. The next day the same guy is back at the same store buying something else. And the whole time that LFS just wanted to support the site and let people know where they are.

Last edited by sphelps; 08-18-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:11 AM

blaster is on a distinguished road

I think since the venders are the ones paying for advertising on this site,there input should be heard
Old 08-18-2008, 12:18 AM

fencer is on a distinguished road

Wrong...they pay for the right to advertise, not the right to dictate how Sys Admin runs the forums.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:23 AM

same thing
Old 08-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Well, my recommendation to the rest of the staff is that this feature again be removed. Regardless of what we do, half like it, half don't.

You try so hard, and nobody ever gives you an inch....
Old 08-18-2008, 12:40 AM

I'm sure you could make it work brad.This was the first kick at the can
Old 08-18-2008, 12:42 AM

Brent F is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Well, my recommendation to the rest of the staff is that this feature again be removed. Regardless of what we do, half like it, half don't.

Too bad, I think it is real close and I have found it very useful.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster View Post
I'm sure you could make it work brad.This was the first kick at the can
Nope, seriously, half the people want it to show names, half don't. I've PM'ed many people with thoughts, and we're just not gonna win here.

My only other suggestion was to have a review lounge, and people can post whatever they want, and the sponsors can argue with them there, and the staff stays out. Although when we allowed anything near that, some of our other sponsors offered to advertise elsewhere....so......
Old 08-18-2008, 12:47 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Are you talking about vendors or staff. I don't remember being asked or even told about this feature, it just showed up. All I want and others may agree is a public voting system and the choice of participation. This is not much to ask so who's not given what?