Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-03-2014, 04:52 AM

Gp Scott is on a distinguished road

Pics
Old 09-03-2014, 05:02 AM

mikellini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gp Scott View Post
I'm trying everything I put styrofoam in and notched it out so it sits down in it. I run it for a bit but still seams noisy like the impeller hitting something and lots of vibration. I have to wait to pump more water rodi making more. I have the mag 18 under sump and it's quiet I could swap pumps around but I'm not sure if I will have enough flow. I even insulated line out of pump and under header system connected to pump so nothing vibrates on glass
The vibration is where you'll be getting most of your pump noise. The flex PVC helps a bit (as compared to rigid PVC), but you can reduce a lot of the vibration by putting a section of vinyl tubing (at least a foot) right above the pump. I use the anti-kink stuff but if it's a straight shot it shouldn't matter. As for underneath, if it doesn't have rubber feet, you can make your own with a bit of silicone. And I've heard of others using mouse pads underneath, but I probably wouldn't chance it. You should be able to find a good inert rubber mat (or rubber feet) somewhere. Or use some 10mm neoprene.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:10 AM

Purchased a few things today for cleaning I guess I didn't clean the construction dust and wood chips up very well I found a eheim vac wondering if any one has one and if it's any good for reef tank. Right now I'm going to use it to clean bottom of tank and sump from wood , dust , PVC , and styrofoam
Old 09-04-2014, 01:46 AM

Running my tank now with just ro-di water trying to get my water level right so when I shut off the pump it doesn't overflow my sump. The herbie worked well really easy to tune little scary at first not knowing if I'm going to flood the up stairs and if the overflow could catch up. I still have to work on the mag 24 it's just growling away not sure if that's normal. The mag 18 I have is a lot quieter.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:34 AM

So I think I found my noisy pump problem. I pulled the impeller out and this is what I found. The shaft had broken peace off of it and I believe it's porcelain. This is a new pump
Old 09-04-2014, 04:03 AM

I have to thank Eli at fijirock for the awesome aqua scape Eli is a pro hope no one has to compete against him at the fragfest. http://youtu.be/2WoBaVX_QDA
Old 09-04-2014, 07:54 PM

Just picked up some sand today.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:52 AM

So I made some ro- di water about maybe 300 gallons and my Tds is reading 2 ppm that can't be right.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:14 AM

On my ro- di unit I shut valves and let it pressure up and back flush then opened valves back up now it's ready zero. I also checked it with hand held meter and it read zero so I'm not sure y it was reading 2 ppm
Old 09-08-2014, 09:54 PM

Did a few things today built removable sub floor and mounted Neptune. I have Neptune hooked to Internet but still have to program.