Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 AM

Reefie is on a distinguished road

I'm very disappointed and now a little frustrated with the frags I got..........

They were "supposed" to be FRAGS, and unfortunately I got COLONIES!!!

I had to pick up a 2nd Frag Rack, thinking it would be enough to hold all the frags. Got the Styrofoam box home, started unpacking (which was very well packed), then that's when I noticed the sizes of these buggers! At that point I didn't think my 2 frag racks would be enough.

If they were just "regular" frags it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm talking HUGE pieces here. The Purple Cross is about 6" and the Tri-Colour is about 4" all around. I was forced to spend the night moving things around and mounting the majority of the beautiful pieces.

I wasn't fortunate enough to go myself to pick up the pieces, but I have a great friend that did the pickup for me. Even though I didn't go, I think I still managed to grab a piece of EVERYTHING. Haha!

Be forewarned, if you're not looking for COLONY sized pieces for FRAG prices, don't go to Denis.

Thanks again for all the goodies Denis!!!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 AM

jjntm is on a distinguished road

lol.... reefie, was tough for me to decide if you were being serious at first... because it sounded like u were sincerely frustrated... I honestly feel bad for you that you were not able to go out and see denis' system... I have gone out there 3x now... and almost have the entire "Denis collection" lol... I left one last piece just so I could go back and look at it again some time ;0) It truly is the nicest system I have EVER seen in person!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:09 AM

Denis is on a distinguished road
Smile Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody that came over and also those that didn't make it in person.
I uploaded new pictures in my photobucket gallery.
Enjoy.

150g SPS reef;3x250WHQI,Tunze Streams,Wavebox,Neptune Apex,fishroom in basement ,reefing since 93,SPS since 99.
TOTM June 2010
Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 AM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

I would love to get some frags off you but I'm far, far away on the north shore.
Can you let me know next frag time and I'll jump in.

Thanks reffie(ken) for the frag I got from you this weekend.

Cheers,
Old 03-21-2012, 03:22 AM

Denis is on a distinguished road

Hi Ginu,

Anytime you feel like going for ride, let me know. I keep my frag tank stocked pretty much the whole year, it's this time of the year I actually have time to deal with it. That also explains the size of these frags, most of those were year old.
Just shoot me a PM when you have time.
Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I would love to get some frags off you but I'm far, far away on the north shore.
Can you let me know next frag time and I'll jump in.

Thanks reffie(ken) for the frag I got from you this weekend.

Cheers,

150g SPS reef;3x250WHQI,Tunze Streams,Wavebox,Neptune Apex,fishroom in basement ,reefing since 93,SPS since 99.
TOTM June 2010
Old 03-21-2012, 03:42 AM

Casey8 is on a distinguished road

I was drooling at home looking at the picture of your tank when knowing that somebody got so many nice big frags from you and I got nothing Why you live too far from me, Denis ? I would love to get the yellow tort frag from you, but I think I have to spend more than $50 gas for that frag

Last edited by Casey8; 03-21-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 AM

Ginu is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Hi Ginu,

Anytime you feel like going for ride, let me know. I keep my frag tank stocked pretty much the whole year, it's this time of the year I actually have time to deal with it. That also explains the size of these frags, most of those were year old.
Just shoot me a PM when you have time.
Cheers.

I will defenetely come to Abby from north van in two weeks and will pm ahead of time. Outstanding reef by the way best ive seen... It even beats my reef dive in puerto Vallarta haha. Can't wait come out there.

Thanks again,

Chris
Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 AM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey8 View Post
I was drooling at home looking at the picture of your tank when knowing that somebody got so many nice big frags from you and I got nothing Why you live too far from me, Denis ? I would love to get the yellow tort frag from you, but I think I have to spend more than $50 gas for that frag
This is the only reason Dennis can keep these frags in the grow out tank for that long. Just imagine if he was in town... I think his tank will be have a lot smaller colonies.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 03-21-2012, 08:24 AM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Thanks Dennis, always a pleasure! Let me know when you are ready to frag me some of your special ones and I'll be ready!

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 AM

Reefie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Thanks Dennis, always a pleasure! Let me know when you are ready to frag me some of your special ones and I'll be ready!
What "special" ones??? Rich, I told you to grab me one of EVERYTHING! You're supposed to distract Denis and when he's not looking grab his "private" collection!!! Haha!

Hey I'd be in for some "special" ones too. 😉

Tags
sps