Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 05-05-2011, 02:54 PM

TheKid is on a distinguished road

the raffle would work like this;

people buy as many tickets as they want, i keep tickets with the same number as they were bought, for every ticket i record who the ticket buyer details are.
I leave it open for a month. On a weekend i invite people over to my house for the draw and i take a ticket out of a bucket or box and if the winner is at my house they can take it then or at a time that works for both of us or if they are not present i will search the ticket number in my book and contact the person directly, if there is no response in 2 weeks i will pull another ticket and contact the winner, with spectators

~*~*Stefan*~*~
Formally known as Svaningen
35 gallon Red Sea Max
Only 16 years old!!!!
CALL AFTER 3:00 ON WEEKDAYS. 604 782 3313
Old 05-05-2011, 03:03 PM

cale262 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
It is only illegal if you are using the name of a charity and are going to make profit over and above the item cost being raffled off. I should know as I am on the executive committee for Alberta Ride For Sight. And besides is someone really going to narc on thekid.

You think so...It's quite simply all about CYA (Cover Your A$$), this is being posted on an open, public forum. The rules for these events are regulated povincially so IME it's better to make sure you are aware of the laws of the land before moving foward.

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/gaming/licences/index.htm

You can call it whatever you want but either way it is still legally considered a game of chance.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:09 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cale262 View Post
You think so...It's quite simply all about CYA (Cover Your A$$), this is being posted on an open, public forum. The rules for these events are regulated povincially so IME it's better to make sure you are aware of the laws of the land before moving foward.

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/gaming/licences/index.htm

You can call it whatever you want but either way it is still legally considered a game of chance.
Dude whats your point? So dont participate if you think it's "illegal". Got nothing better to do?
Old 05-05-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Dude whats your point? So dont participate if you think it's "illegal". Got nothing better to do?

LOL,
Take it for what it's worth, from my own experience. A few years back I skipped a step and had to deal with the local authorities as the president of a local not for profit org. (we also had an open BB) It turned ugly really fast, I had the local authorities threaten to take legal action against me personally...Sorry if you feel I was preaching, it wasn't meant as such. This is only friendly FYI to hopefully save someone the possible grief.

That is all.

Last edited by cale262; 05-05-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:16 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cale262 View Post
LOL,
Take it for what it's worth, from my own experience. A few years back I skipped a step and had to deal with the local authorities as the president of a local not for profit org. (we also had an open BB) It turned ugly really fast, I had the local authorities threaten to take legal action against me personally...Sorry if you feel I was preaching, it wasn't meant as such. This is only friendly FYI to hopefully save someone the possible grief.

That is all.
Exactly!! You ju said you where the PRESIDENT of a not for profit!! In the matter you can't miss a step. This is an individual not tied to any charity, not for profit, fundraising group what so ever.

Beside if this is a game of change just like betting you buddy a case of beer on the hockey game, you would say you need a permit as well. Where were you when another reefer here did the same thing last year? Ken @ Blue World was ok with selling the tickets at the store for it and you would think if it was illegal to do so Ken would have never done it.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 05-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Beside if this is a game of change just like betting you buddy a case of beer on the hockey game, you would say you need a permit as well. Where were you when another reefer here did the same thing last year? Ken @ Blue World was ok with selling the tickets at the store for it and you would think if it was illegal to do so Ken would have never done it.

Really,.. please, not even close.

Ken was donating the money to a charitable org. and knowing Ken I'm pretty sure he took the proper steps, he was even willing to issue a taxable receipt.

This proposed event/raffle is for personal gain, completely different.

Either way, I really don't care what he does with his raffle, as I stated before, this was only FYI as a friendly word of caution, period.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It is only illegal if you are using the name of a charity and are going to make profit over and above the item cost being raffled off. I should know as I am on the executive committee for Alberta Ride For Sight. And besides is someone really going to narc on thekid.
LOL>>>

If someone does, we now know who....
Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 PM

Whatever, ...
Old 05-05-2011, 09:57 PM

TheKid is on a distinguished road

again this is just a thought , nothing set in stone. Just looking if there is any interest in this? so if there is any interest let me know

~*~*Stefan*~*~
Formally known as Svaningen
35 gallon Red Sea Max
Only 16 years old!!!!
CALL AFTER 3:00 ON WEEKDAYS. 604 782 3313
Old 05-05-2011, 10:37 PM

Oxymoron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
LOL>>>

If someone does, we now know who....

Hahahah