Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 12-02-2008, 03:44 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Look very carefully on the yellow tang for ich. Look sideways along the body as it is sometimes hard to see on a yellow tang. I would start feeding garlic extract now.

Trigger, barring water quality problems, your experience with the achilles is typical. They do fine for a while than up and die for no apparent reason.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:03 AM

Carmen is on a distinguished road

Jason How's the tang? How's the bubble? Everything okay?

45 Gallon Cube with 10 Gallon Sump, Lighting 8 bulb T5, Vertex IN 80 Skimmer
-2 Occelaris Clowns, Engineer Goby, RBTA, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 12-03-2008, 04:13 AM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
Look very carefully on the yellow tang for ich. Look sideways along the body as it is sometimes hard to see on a yellow tang. I would start feeding garlic extract now.

Trigger, barring water quality problems, your experience with the achilles is typical. They do fine for a while than up and die for no apparent reason.
Thats what I thought too with the Achilles, but then a few hours later my Kole started showing the same symptoms so I medicated him in my QT and he is looking better today. Both of the affected fish were tangs and I had put new corals in the night before, which they had picked at. Hence I believe the coral or rock brought something with it.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:53 AM

jasond is on a distinguished road

Hi Carmen, the Tang and the coral look great today. I am not sure what happened with the tang, I pointed the powerheads up for more surface agitation and am running carbon today, and all seems well. The coral looks awesome, it even ate tonight!

I didnt notice the tang nip at the bubble coral, but definately could have. I feed Michika's food, so they get garlic almost every day. Anyways, all seems to be better, thanks for all your replies, greatly appreciated!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:36 PM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

Glad to here the problem has gone away. Always a little stressful when you know something looks off but you can't figure it out.