Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2016, 08:48 PM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Personally I can't imagine running an RO system on a 10ppm water source. Sounds pretty absurd really and a terrible waste of water even though yes you could recover and reuse the waste water elsewhere but why go through that trouble. Around these parts we use prefilters and RO to bring are source 300+ppm water down to maybe 10-20ppm. Some go further and use DI to bring it closer to zero.

If I had a water source that good I would just use a sediment filter and a carbon block to deal with chlorine and any potential changes in sediments that can sometimes occur throughout the year but that would certainly be as far as I would take it. IMO using a better safe than sorry argument here is just a little too far on the overkill scale and tipping more into the waste of time and money side of things.

Guess me and every other reefer around theses parts got it wrong and we are all just crazy absurb for running ro in lower mainland. My goal when making new water is to start from zero I want the best water possible for my livestock.