Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Contest 2012

Old 12-20-2012, 04:00 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Looks cool, definitely different any plans for the rock that sticks out of the water? Will it be a waterfall type deal or just stay dry?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 PM

yellowworld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
Looks cool, definitely different any plans for the rock that sticks out of the water? Will it be a waterfall type deal or just stay dry?
Yeah im actually planing on doing kind of a tide pool to a waterfall and then rest of the rock is going to get covered in some type of greenery and most likely mini orchids
Old 12-20-2012, 07:31 PM

Ginu is on a distinguished road
Default Epic

I've been following this built since the preliminary stages of the wave box and I have to admit, this has evolved into a truly epic built... cant think of anything missed, everything is done with a great deal of attention, truly epic in my opinion.

Well done and keep us posted :P
Old 12-20-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I've been following this built since the preliminary stages of the wave box and I have to admit, this has evolved into a truly epic built... cant think of anything missed, everything is done with a great deal of attention, truly epic in my opinion.

Well done and keep us posted :P
Wow!! Thank you very much!! I still have quite a bit to do but its getting there
Old 12-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I was poking around the Tunze site today and noticed their updated version of the nano wavebox uses a stock 6055. since that comes with a magnet mount already I might source one used and purchase a wave controller. I know you're done but thought I'd mention it here where it's semi relevant.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
I was poking around the Tunze site today and noticed their updated version of the nano wavebox uses a stock 6055. since that comes with a magnet mount already I might source one used and purchase a wave controller. I know you're done but thought I'd mention it here where it's semi relevant.
I KNOW I KNOW!!!! HAHAHA i wish i know this just a few months earlier haha but i think im going to go that rout too! Also the output on the front is 1.5-1.59" so it should fit perfectly into a 1 1/2" bulk head hahaha. My pump is starting to click and ive looked into why its doing that but so far every problem i have found out about on the RC forum hasnt been the issue with mine, so in the not to distant future i think im going to try out the 6055 to see what happens, PLUS is has the same type of connection that my current pump has so it should be just plug and play (Fingers crossed)
Old 12-31-2012, 06:19 AM

Hey guys, i hope you all had a great christmas!! I got some more stuff done over the holidays. were getting close to getting saltwater into it now!! I drained all the fresh water out of the tank and the sump, I also plumed a Phosban 150 Reactor into my return line and cleaned up the extra wireing on the back side of my tank! Enjoy!!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:16 PM

Alright so now that all the plumbing is 100% done ill give you guys a tour of the sump cus well there is a whole heck of a lot crammed into it haha

So this is the back of my sump, I have the fans out of the left side in the picture. on the left side you can see my feed lines from my tank to my sump running along the roof of the cabinet and to the front of the sump. My return line is the white flex pipe right by the float switch, it then gets T'd off twice inside the cabinet, first to run water past my probes that I have put inline which also feeds my refugium (the valve on the far right of the picture) , and second to feed my phosban 150 reactor (the valve on the far left of the picture) it is hanging below the supply lines for the sump

Here is a closer picture of the maze of plumbing

Then we have the heart of my system which will soon be getting a much needed upgrade to a Tunze Silence 1073.050 - its going to be a huge jump!! You can also see where my Tunze ATO floats and optical eye are placed in the tank

Then we have the skimmer/reactor chamber looking in from where the fans are on the side of the cabinet. There will be a heater sharing that space in the near future too

and lastly the reactor is now in the sump and sitting nice and pretty, i will be going to get the extension kit that has two more elbows and the barbed fitting to keep the height of the outlet tube on the reactor as low profile as possible so i can get the skimmer cup out without and problems

and looking at the reactor from the fan opening with the front door to the cabinet closed - not a lot of spare room to be found haha

I know that pictures are sometimes hard to get a true feel for what you're seeing, and ive had a few questions on other forums about things ive done and such so I made a video that ill link right here too!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Very good job of stuffing everything in there

Sorry to always have a question, but ...
I don't see a union anywhere for you to service your return pump
How will you take it out without unscrewing it from that coupler ?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Very good job of stuffing everything in there

Sorry to always have a question, but ...
I don't see a union anywhere for you to service your return pump
How will you take it out without unscrewing it from that coupler ?
haha no problems at all!! i knew the pump was temporary so i used a 1/2" slip fitting on the end of the flex pipe so it just slides on to the pump you just have to pull the pump off the flex line