Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-05-2008, 05:14 PM

Jay180reef is on a distinguished road

AHAHAHA, maybe that lady put all her money into her 75G instead of a computer or books.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:24 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

That story reminds of when I coached minor baseball a few years back. I had this kid on my team whose father had to continually tell me how he had played semi-pro ball in the Cincinnati Reds organization. He would have made it to the show but for the fact that he sustained an elbow injury and couldn't throw in the high 90's anymore.
Anyway, one day my helper didn't show up so I asked this guy if he wanted to help out with the practice. He hemmed & hawed and had all kind of excuses. Finally, some of the kids insisted he play because his son had told them how good a ball player he was.
Well, the guy totally embarassed himself. He had obviously never played ball in his life. He couldn't catch, throw or hit. He was so bad, that the 12 yr. old boys were laughing at him. I kind of felt sorry for him until he said, "I must be a bit rusty, haven't played for a few years."
Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM

Jay180reef is on a distinguished road

Well, there's liars and there's ignorant.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:09 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Your post is great. Sounds like Willys Puddle is no better than P.G. But here I have seen the people working in LFS with the same attitude and knowledge of the customer you are talking about.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:01 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Just an awsome thread. keep the stories coming..

You know like the one about the kid at an LFS that tried to coax a foxface into a net with his bare hand.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:24 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

It's not just in the little cities where you see this.

Often feel like should take these people aside and tell them about Canreef.com but then they'll be posting their expertise in no time.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:36 PM

Alberta-newb is on a distinguished road

Great story! I'm still chuckling about it. Reminds me of the "expert advice" I heard at a major chain store. A guy was buying a bunch of live rock and he was asking the clerk for advice on how to best get it ready for his tank. The clerk replied to give it a good washing with fresh water to scrub off all the gunk. He asked "do i use distilled water?" She said "Oh no, just lay it out in the backyard and give it a good washing with the garden hose" Having lived in Calgary for quite a few years, I know how much chlorine is in the water during the spring! Took the guy aside and advised him if he didn't want a couple of hundred dollars worth of "dead base rock" he was best not to follow her advice
Old 12-06-2008, 02:41 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta-newb View Post
Great story! I'm still chuckling about it. Reminds me of the "expert advice" I heard at a major chain store. A guy was buying a bunch of live rock and he was asking the clerk for advice on how to best get it ready for his tank. The clerk replied to give it a good washing with fresh water to scrub off all the gunk. He asked "do i use distilled water?" She said "Oh no, just lay it out in the backyard and give it a good washing with the garden hose" Having lived in Calgary for quite a few years, I know how much chlorine is in the water during the spring! Took the guy aside and advised him if he didn't want a couple of hundred dollars worth of "dead base rock" he was best not to follow her advice
Old 12-06-2008, 02:50 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Haha!! That's awesome that your 2 year old knew the fish was a Tang!!

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:02 AM

Ken is on a distinguished road
Talking

That scrawny yellow fish needs a lot of seaweed, I know a few 2 year old that knows most fish from watching finding nemo. Regards Ken