Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 PM

Polscot is on a distinguished road
Default corals calgary (shops)

Hi, i have a 6.6g nano reef with 2 shroom rocks and im wanting more types of begginers coral, my tank is lite with a 50/50 PC 20" light no dark spots, very nice LED set up for acetic (how ever its spelled), normal parameters, and i do water changes 1-2 times a week as needed,
just wondering peoples expiriences in calgary which stores are their favorite to shop at

PM or respond on here with what u have and ill get a hold of you, thanx

-Jason

Last edited by Polscot; 07-28-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:15 PM

parkinsn is on a distinguished road

I would say your not going to the right places. Have you been to Red coral, Golds and Ocean City? I could name a few that would be overpriced but thoes 3 are pretty fair. Also the more you shop at these places and get to know the owners/staff the better off you are.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:17 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinsn View Post
i would say your not going to the right places. Have you been to red coral, golds and ocean city? I could name a few that would be overpriced but thoes 3 are pretty fair. Also the more you shop at these places and get to know the owners/staff the better off you are.
+1
Old 06-15-2010, 08:31 PM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Yes those places are all good. I also have some very cost effective soft corals as well. For example I have some zoas, mushrooms, GSP, xenia & several varieties of leathers (toadstools, devils hand, cabbage, fingers, etc), photosynthetic gorgs, candy cane, frogspawn, etc.

Greg
Old 06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polscot View Post
its too much and i know there not worth that much
It all depends what you are looking at. Some mushrooms are very rare and expensive and can easily fetch $20 to $30 per head (Ricordias/yums, rhodactis, etc)! Same goes for brains and zoas. Some zoas can be $30 or more per polyp! Whether or not something is "worth it" is all relative.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
It all depends what you are looking at. Some mushrooms are very rare and expensive and can easily fetch $20 to $30 per head (Ricordias/yums, rhodactis, etc)! Same goes for brains and zoas. Some zoas can be $30 or more per polyp! Whether or not something is "worth it" is all relative.
also +1 :-)
Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 PM

KennyKen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Agreed.
This forum is the best place where you can buy beginner corals at a great price. As a majority of the people selling coral on here aren't for profit, but more to make space, or try and give back to the community as more than likely someone did the same for them in the past.

So keep watching those classifieds
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyKen View Post
Agreed.
This forum is the best place where you can buy beginner corals at a great price. As a majority of the people selling coral on here aren't for profit, but more to make space, or try and give back to the community as more than likely someone did the same for them in the past.

So keep watching those classifieds
-1. Sorry you are wrong :-) I am here for the profit but i am a very bad business person, keep losing money. I just have too much time doing nothing at work, sad...
Old 06-15-2010, 08:53 PM

Polscot is on a distinguished road

i have been to all those stores, and some are alright but the pricing is still way over considering what u can get shipped in from the US,
Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polscot View Post
i have been to all those stores, and some are alright but the pricing is still way over considering what u can get shipped in from the US,
you can't be serious. Have you actually buy live stock from US yet? I think the delivery cost is very high and the chance fish / coral came in one piece is very low. Also LFS business is to make money out of small population of reefers in Calgary