Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 10-20-2014, 09:12 PM

clowny is on a distinguished road
Default Replacement Pump for Bubble Magus Nac 7

I was wondering if there was a direct replacement or upgrade kit as the body is perfect just need new pump for the Nac7. I am aware the pump was recalled as it is the Atman PH-2500 I have no information or receipts to confirm purchase dates or store. Just looking for a new pump, and costs if price is higher then I expect I will probably buy a whole new skimmer. Also for any sponsors who do pm if they have a replacement send a list of LPS corals available as I will order some with the pump.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:03 AM

nerdz is on a distinguished road

I'm in a similar position right now, in the process of tracking down a replacement impeller, (same pump but SWC 160 cone skimmer).

You should have a mod move your posting out of "buy and sell" and into "REEF"
Old 10-21-2014, 04:56 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

It's funny this is coming up now. I am literally elbow-deep in a SWC160, pulling it apart to replace the pump (the motor full-on crapped out).

I bought a Sicce PSK1000, which looks to be almost a perfect replacement for the Atman pump... except for the fact that the Sicce doesn't have a base for it. I am halfway through machining a base for the pump. Once that's done, it's more or less a drop-in replacement. I got my Sicce from Avast Marine. It was the best pricing I could find and it came with a new venturi, which saves me having to spend time making the old venturi fit.

There are still a few places, like eBay, where you can find the atman pumps for about $60. This was my third atman to fail but is still love the skimmer, hence why I picked a Sicce for a replacement.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:25 PM

clowny is on a distinguished road

Based on the recall information I don't know if I could risk the same pump maybe i'm wrong, maybe it has been fixed by the pump company I don't know to much.