Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 04-15-2013, 02:14 AM

Edmonton newbie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Codfather View Post
How big's your tank?
I'm sure you've heard the expression "swimmin' with the fishes"
Don't make me come over there......lol
lol couple small ones now but i do have dochs old 160 landing here thursday that should keep the fishes swimmin
Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 PM

scubadawg is on a distinguished road

Here's an update

Mods, please do not delete, I know Aquagiant is not a Sponsor on this site, but it's either support our LFS or order overseas.

Aquagiant will be carrying the WP40 and WP25 and the variable voltage controllers

WP 25 will not be available until late May

Jaboa needs 20 days to manufacture and they need 5 days to ship, during this time it there is also a 7 days holiday in China ( international labor day), which means, if everything is okay Aquagiant will get them in a month, too late.

Aquagiant has ordered 30 - WP40's to arrive in a week approximately, if you want one, come down and pre-order. $85.00

Aquagiant will also be doing the warranty locally
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 PM

mikepclo is on a distinguished road

Just got mine today and 1 of the controllers doesn't work.
Upside is shipping only took 5 business days from HK and he sent me 4 extra light sensors for free.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:12 AM

mikepclo is on a distinguished road

Eric from fishstreet is sending me a new controller today. Great service

Did a quick test and pump are almost silent. Much much quieter than my mp40s
Old 05-28-2013, 06:45 AM

maron6977 is on a distinguished road
Default Light sensor problem

I've had my wp40 for a few weeks now & really liked it so far . I'm still trying to dial in the flow I like & corals are at their happiest ! The light sensor worked quite well in the beginning - I taped the controllers on the side of the tank so direct LED wouldn't damage the sensor but still get enough light to activate it . It worked great for a couple weeks then all of a sudden I noticed when going to bed the pumps were running in reg. mode & not night mode . I thought I had damaged the sensor already , thought that was odd considering it wasn't in direct light , and swapped it out with a new one . They were still acting up at strange times - late at night , when going to bed but by morning when the lights were starting to ramp up & turn on , they worked properly . I finally figured it out , my lunar lights turn off for approx. 1 week a month & the sensor needs dim light to go into & stay in night mode . It was the light from the TV that kept it in night mode before I went to bed , but after 15 min of turning it off , it would go back to reg. mode . It won't stay in night mode when completely dark !
So something to keep in mind when placing the controller !!!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:39 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Just stuck 2 of these into a friends tank last night and I'll bet they're noisier than my MP40's. Is that normal? You can definitely hear them ramping up and down.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Vendor

nrosdal is on a distinguished road

You will be able to hear it ramp up and down especially when they first go in. I have hada couple different ones running and one was silent from the start and the other was actually quite loud. After a week or2 it is silent you can still hear if you run at max and go right beside it. But after break in it is similar to a tunze sound where you can hear if you try and no longer like a mp where you cant ignore the sound.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:57 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

I recently added one of my new WP40's to my 6' 100g tank, in the same spot where I had a Coralife DC5800 (2900gph) running. It seems to make pretty similar flow, and about the same sound (when ramping up and down), pretty quiet actually.

I moved the Coralife to the back, so have 2 high flow pumps now on that side of the tank. My SPS on that side should be pretty happy. On the other side, also want to add a WP40 and move the other DC5800 to the back. But will have to trim/reposition some LPS (frogspawn and bubble corals) first, so they don't get blasted with any direct flow.

The light sensor on the WP40 controller works well, and powers down at night, even with my moon light, just like my Coralife pumps. So that is good. I like the feed button on the WP40, as it shuts the pump right off for 10 min. The feed button on the Coralife shuts the pumps down to low power (same as night) for 30 min, which is really too long.

The controller on the DC5800 has more variance on the time settings for the turbulent flow than the WP40. But the combo of the two different types of pumps works out well.

I paid $215 USD for the Coralife DC5800 (2 pumps with controller) last year (comes with lifetime warranty), but with the group buy, the WP40s are still cheaper. Anyway, the WP40 looks like a good pump, and will see how they are in the long run.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:44 PM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

I can't believe you can get high flow controllable pumps for so cheap now. I just about picked up a Ecotech a few years ago, but the cost was just too much. For whatever reason, my Koralia 3's from 7 years ago are still running great off my Seio controller, but it's nice to know that there is a cheap option when they stop.