Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 10-19-2005, 03:01 AM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

I really think reefers are the most gullible of consumers. We will buy any crap they put on the market. I am thinking of putting dirt in your filter.
Moonlights, skimmers etc. Those very few of us who resist are branded as renegades.

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 10-19-2005, 03:41 AM

yifan917 is on a distinguished road

christyf5,

I got my tank from King Ed Pet Centre.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:47 AM

yifan917 is on a distinguished road

Yeah.... I had a hard time to aquascape the tank.... and plus it's a small half circle with centered overflow..... I've seen a 100ish half cricle tank, that one looks alot better and easier to aquascape. but of course more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 10-19-2005, 03:56 AM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

Bob if you comment is directed at me I really hope you don't put dirt in my filter Perhaps, as a hobbiest, I am gullible. Have I bought some crap over the last 3 years - YUP! Have I also learned from my mistakes YUP YUP! If I choose to buy or use something I think the one thing I have learned is to research. I am not sure this system will work and if it doesn't for me I will discontinue use and chalk it up to another learning experience. My research tells me that using this system will not be harmful to my fish and if my corals do not thrive then it is just some more of my $ that I choose to spend and I will have learned something. I did not mean to start anything. Christy asked for what it cost me to get set up and I simply replied. My apology please if I offended you.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:49 PM

Chad is on a distinguished road

I think Bob is just making a general statement. As reefers, we seem to always jump on the next bandwagon.

Its not a jab at anyone, most of us will do it at some point in our reefer life

Old 10-19-2005, 04:33 PM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road

I agree with Chad Ruth... I'm sure Bob was just making an observation in general... the renegade that he is...

Don't stop what you are doing NOR your approach. Remember, there is no "right" way.... just what works for each individual's tank. I've been doing a little reading regarding Zeovit as well, and while I'm certainly not ready to try it yet, I will be monitoring people's results, including yours, so keep us up to date!
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:14 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Yes, please don't misunderstand what I posted. It was most certainly not addressed to anyone in particular. Don't think I don't include myself in the gullible category. The "dirt" I referred to was Miracle Mud, at the time I could not think of the name. As with most products people swear by, there never seems to be any real verified data as to the efficacy of a given product. The scientific method of testing is almost never used.
As far as visible reults are concerned, I think most of are reluctant to admit something we bought is crap after spending big bucks on it.

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 10-20-2005, 07:53 AM

deacon hemp is on a distinguished road

I dont think zeo is for everybody,if your sps have killer color already and really low to no detectable nutrients,its kinda useless IMO! Most people that use it now are going barebottom and overskimming aswell ect.

Some of the before and after pics are quite impressive! I will be following your progress ruth and yifan.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Hi Ruth,
I, for one, eagerly await the new tank. I have, {as others I assume}, have bought many different things over the years for our aquariums. Is that not part of the fun.

I cant wait to see the Bubble King in action and how your tank does on Zeo. Nothing wrong with experimenting.

I sometimes wonder, from some of the many Zeo threads I have read, is how the tanks and corals would be looking, if Zeo had not been run in them. Yours for instance, will be a top notch set up, including one of the best skimmers on the market. Would that not be enough to maintain nice looking stonies or does the use of a product like Zeo, improve their growth, health and colour. Who knows.

Anywho, I look forward to following your tanks progress. Carry on.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:47 PM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

Well it will be interesting to see how this goes and I will keep everyone updated as I make progress as I am sure that Yifan917 will.
So far I am please with how my tank is taking shape and it is kinda neat as I designed the whole thing myself instead of buying a "system" like I did with my 230.. I got help with the closed loop layout from Mojoreef on Reef Frontiers but I had already purchased all the equipment however needed help on how it would come together as far as plumbing. The only thing I have not tested yet is my return from my sump to see if the overflow will handle the return (and if there are any leeks) but if my calculation are right it should.
I will be moving some of my SPS from my 230 to my new tank once it has cycled and stabilized so although the two don't really compare as far as flow and skimming it will be neat to see if I get added color on my stoneys.
Still waiting to hear if my live rock will be here next week but my fingers are crossed.