Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-05-2010, 04:31 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

might have a deal on 2 Vortech MP20s instead of the 3 Koralia 3s....hmmmmm. Side not...aparently my siliconing skills leave much to be desired...I missed a spot..one stupid little spot...and THAT'S where the one drip left in this system is. JHC.
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:50 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Sometimes you can fix a drip by putting PVC primer and cement over the spot. Of course you'll probably want the line to be dry though and then wait a day for it to gas off before water again.. can you put PVC plugs into the bulkheads so that you can drain the lines without draining the tank? That's probably what I'd do.

Good luck!

Nice deal on the Vortechs. Maybe I need to learn tattooing so I can have something I can barter with. When I encounter someone who has something I'd like and willing to trade I'll offer up stuff like "Well, I can surely program your Modbus protocol driver six ways from Sunday!" and then they all look at me funny and the conversation usually ends.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:06 PM

the lines are closed with the ball valves, so not too worried about it...just waiting for it to stop dripping and dry out then another glorious glob of silicone should do it. Thank GOD no body looks at the back of a tank.
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:10 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

"Glorious gob of silicone." There's a phrase I bet peeps not in the hobby would truly understand.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

While the answer is still 'no' I've been impressed (and half flattered) with your bartering skillaz in the past Tony.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 PM

TheMikey is on a distinguished road

Forgive me if I missed you mentioning it earlier, but what became of that initial MP10?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:55 PM

that will go in a nano tank that will eventually be in our bedroom....multiple tank syndrome...
Old 10-06-2010, 11:43 PM

got an email yesterday saying Rock should be here tomorrow *fingers crossed* Put a couple more gallons in the tank and now I'll just wait till the rocks and sand are in before I fill it the rest of the way. Ordered lights too! The guy I was going to get two vortech MP20s off of ran out (anniversary sale at an LFS here) so he gave me a screaming deal on a MP40....wooooopah!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 PM

one drip ends, another friggen begins. Figures the one spot I didn't hit with the silicone from the return in the overflow down into the sump would be it....damnit. Soooooo let the overflow drip out into the sump, silicone that before close tonight and let that dry...Saturday should be able to run everything.

But on a positive note, the rocks and sand showed up today and the tank is currently all cloudy and disgusting! Ended up going with probably 60lbs in the display tank and about 5 and change in the sump. Beautiful dry rock...full of lots of nooks and crannies and ledges etc....got a nice open scape going on too, complete with mini valley and overhang ha ha....

dear lord I hope things start going together easier.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:18 PM

Hang in there, champ. At least there rocks in the tank, that's not a bad place to be. Can't wait to see pics.