Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 11-04-2013, 11:19 AM

DAVE is on a distinguished road
Default Jebao Pumps - Illegal?

So I am hearing a lot of different information regarding the sale and operation of these pumps, particularly the WP-25/WP-40.

Are these pumps certified for use in Canada? If something should happen to cause a fire would you insurance cover the damages? (say faulty power supply)???
Old 11-04-2013, 03:25 PM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default wp40

the box says its a low voltage system and to keep controllers away from water-other than that -nothing
Old 11-04-2013, 06:01 PM

My concerns are about the rumors of the electrical certifications not being legit.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:42 PM

craigwmiller is on a distinguished road

Hmm, there are also 2 versions of the power supply. The original constant voltage supply, and the optional (which ships with new units - like the 2 WP-40's I have) variable voltage supply.

Do you know which one is being called out?

Also, do you have links/references to the potential problem reports?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Vendor

xenon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrologist View Post
My concerns are about the rumors of the electrical certifications not being legit.
You will be hard pressed to find any pump on the market that has CSA certification.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Vendor

nrosdal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
You will be hard pressed to find any pump on the market that has CSA certification.
What he said...

Also, as Canada corals went through with their beautiful set up with a not so intelligent inspector. You only need the ul and csa for hard wired applications of fixtures.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrosdal View Post
What he said...

Also, as Canada corals went through with their beautiful set up with a not so intelligent inspector. You only need the ul and csa for hard wired applications of fixtures.

I agree. But the certification on the Jebao which is valid in Canada is 'rumored' to be just writing on the pump without any actual certification process. i.e. they just put it on there to please the people, but in actuality it is not certified.

Since you sell these pumps can you confirm the certification process from the manufacturer in China?
Old 11-04-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwmiller View Post
Hmm, there are also 2 versions of the power supply. The original constant voltage supply, and the optional (which ships with new units - like the 2 WP-40's I have) variable voltage supply.

Do you know which one is being called out?

Also, do you have links/references to the potential problem reports?

Sorry I do not. Just something I have heard amongst hobbyists and vendors. I am hoping the ones selling the pumps can verify the markings are valid.

Just hoping to squash the rumors, as I do really like these pumps.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Vendor

nrosdal is on a distinguished road

If you just go to their website it says they have obtained more certs as in UL, CUL, ect. But on all products that i have of theirs they are just CE which is common for most products and manufacturers (even the bigger guys). I am sure that once they add the UL to the products i will be able to get documentation with them. I will request info on the certs and post here what i get back. But even with just the CE you are fine. Just don't cut off the plug and hard wire it in.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrosdal View Post
If you just go to their website it says they have obtained more certs as in UL, CUL, ect. But on all products that i have of theirs they are just CE which is common for most products and manufacturers (even the bigger guys). I am sure that once they add the UL to the products i will be able to get documentation with them. I will request info on the certs and post here what i get back. But even with just the CE you are fine. Just don't cut off the plug and hard wire it in.

That is AWESOME!

Can't wait to see what you find out. Thank you.