Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Polls

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 02:33 AM

ghosttruck is on a distinguished road

Ok I will do that thank you.

Now thing is going to all the other people. Ok now what Wong with you some of you people I just want one and I would only have it for a bit and would like to put it back where it came from. And you guys buy fish that come from the oven all the time what the difernts. Really
Old 04-12-2016, 02:34 AM

Thank you
Old 04-12-2016, 02:36 AM

And I don't see why you guy don't like it you guys take fish from the ocean all the time. And that tank would be for my bat fish to any way
Old 04-12-2016, 02:43 AM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosttruck View Post

Now thing is going to all the other people. Ok now what Wong with you some of you people I just want one and I would only have it for a bit and would like to put it back where it came from. And you guys buy fish that come from the oven all the time what the difernts. Really
If I get this right you just want a shark for a bit then will return to ocean ? Also I never buy fish from the oven I like them wet.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:55 AM

Oh that when the to you and my iPhone did it again.

No ingore that all.

What do you mean you like them wet????
Old 04-12-2016, 03:20 AM

apexifd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosttruck View Post

This is what he was saying

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3
Old 04-12-2016, 03:32 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Hey guys, keep it on topic please. If you have nothing informative to contribute, please continue on to a different thread. Like maybe this one: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...58269&page=725

SPS fanatic.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:43 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

I have to say that if you do get a 2000+ gallon tank and a Black Tip Shark, please share as many pictures as possible with us. As far as I know, it would be a first for Canreef.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:45 AM
Vendor

eli@fijireefrock.com is on a distinguished road

Wow, this is wrong in so many ways.

I guess by saying yes we have built aquascapes for large tank to house sharks (for a long commitment time not a short burst of fun and leave)

For a shark tank (black, white tip,..) that needs at least 12 cube foot tank, we would never suggest a smaller tank for a shark.

To get such tank built and running you require a decent amount of money as the shark alone might be in the range of $1000 but the build itself and to have it properly running you need at least 30 times that above price.

And on top of it all you need the commitment for such system.
You just shouldn't get a 2 foot pet shark for a year and house it in a small tank for your own enjoyment only then KILL IT as its really hard to rehouse a shark.

There are other fish that could be housed in a nano up to a swimming pool size,yes its not prime for any fish but we all do our best to supply our pets the best we could do.

Just for a reference the last shark build was at least costing the customer $30000 and without a shark yet running for 2 months,..

I will be happy to walk you through getting a shark tank information and understanding the living requirements of such a beautiful beast.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:48 AM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

OK, an on topic post. In my opinion, you will need a very, very large tank to keep these sharks in captivity, at least the size of an Olympic swimming pool. I base my opinion on my observations of seeing these creatures swimming in their natural surroundings when I am scuba diving. I am making no comment on other fish available in the fish trade. If the original OP wants to say, "while, what about this fish.." we can debate that elsewhere.
Closed Thread