Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 02-12-2021, 04:22 AM

Guy is on a distinguished road
Default LF: Borrow, Rent - Early Gen Apex Aqua Controller

Bought Apex second hand, trying to do a factory reset and it's not showing up on my network. Been in contact with Tech Support, flashed the unit to factory settings and STILL can't find it. Borrowed a buddy's aqua controller, upgraded verison and the controller just stays blank for me. It looks like my unit needs an old school telephone jack connection, his was USB? Hoping to manually reset, configure and get the set up running and linked with my account to bypass ever needing it again. Hopefully I'll be able to find the IP address through the controller.

Wondering if there's anyone in the lower mainland that could lend me (I'd even put a deposit on it if you'd like) your aqua controller to try and configure my system.

It's an APEX Classic.

Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated!
Old 02-12-2021, 04:30 AM

Maybe it is only a USB connection, but either way, it aint working for me at the moment!
Old 02-12-2021, 06:39 AM

Looking like this may be a bigger issue than I thought. Modules are not communicating.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:17 AM

Had a few reefers reach out, kudos to you guys, I really appreciate the offers of help! Was able to borrow a controller and unfortunately seems the brain is not communicating despite showing a green Status as the controller remains blank though glows with power and have seen it work on other system. EB8 flashes orange.

Tried multiple aquabus cables, different ports, flashed the main unit, factory reset after getting in touch with Neptune, updated, can't find on the network to point to and still no go.

One last Hail Mary then Neptune has said I can send it to them and they'll see if they can fix it. Gotta say, really love the community here and the tech support with Neptune. A+, thank you!

Side note: If anyone has any other suggestions, love to hear it before I ship it off!