Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 11-15-2008, 04:56 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Nice job! Looks good.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:21 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Contest Reminder:

**Updated FTS and Budget Required today (Nov 15/08) to remain in the contest**

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 11-24-2008, 02:10 AM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road

Bought a new orange zoanthid at a local store in Edmonton on Saturday. Prices on first post have been updated.

My daughter came home for the weekend and she agreed that my aquascaping did kind of suck. So we spent the day re-aquascaping. Broke a couple of heads of two of the zoanthids and glued them onto a new rock. Nice way to get a free frag. Not sure what colors they are but we'll see when they open.

Also bought a new camera so hopefully the pictures in the future will be better. I'll have to wait for a few days to post the pictures as they will be downloaded into the computer that won't have internet access for a few day. A little off topic, but we finally get high speed internet tomorrow. We live 18 km outside of Edmonton and until now have never had access to any high speed internet providers. Finally joining the 20th century.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:20 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlily View Post
Bought a new orange zoanthid at a local store in Edmonton on Saturday. Prices on first post have been updated.

My daughter came home for the weekend and she agreed that my aquascaping did kind of suck. So we spent the day re-aquascaping. Broke a couple of heads of two of the zoanthids and glued them onto a new rock. Nice way to get a free frag. Not sure what colors they are but we'll see when they open.

Also bought a new camera so hopefully the pictures in the future will be better. I'll have to wait for a few days to post the pictures as they will be downloaded into the computer that won't have internet access for a few day. A little off topic, but we finally get high speed internet tomorrow. We live 18 km outside of Edmonton and until now have never had access to any high speed internet providers. Finally joining the 20th century.
Yeah high speed is nice... but ours is a bit finicky from time to time (5 min outside Calgary so it works on radio waves??)

A new camera.... NICE! I'd love to get one,

Looking forward to seeing the new scape
Old 11-24-2008, 02:32 PM

I've been having trouble trying to keep some of the frags mounted in place. Some of them always end up pushed out of their places and lying in the sand. I've been blaming the Damsel for all this trouble.

Well this morning I peered into the tank with my LED flashlight, and what did I see. A CRAB!!! No idea where he came from and no ID on him as I didn't get a good enough look. Looks to be the size of a loonie.

Haven't figured out what to do yet. Going to think about it for a day or two, as in the last 8 months I've had to get rid of 3 other hitchhiker crabs and kind of feeling bad about it.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:11 AM

Here's my FTS for December 15th. Here's the first picture of the newly aquascaped tank. Having problems with algae blooms. Looks like I should have taken more time to let the tank cycle before adding the corals and fish. I don't think it will be too hard to deal with. I still have an unknown crab hiding somewhere, but he's not done any damage so I'll let him be.

Budget has been updated to reflect the new Flourescant zoanthid I bought from a local reefer. Still have not added the apitasia to the budget as I think it should be a free hitchhiker.

FTS Dec 15-08

New Zoanthid

Mushrooms
Old 12-11-2008, 01:36 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Nice
Old 12-11-2008, 02:36 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

OOOOOH looking good! LOVE the new Zoa!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:57 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Love the Aquascape!! Great looking tank so far.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 12-11-2008, 06:31 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

New scape looks good!