Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-20-2008, 06:47 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
Can't ATM, no camera cable. They took that too
Damn theves they got lots of brains. Once got my place broken into, they stole the DVD player and every remote in the house. Still getting off the couch to turn the 51" big screen on/off LMAO
Old 01-20-2008, 08:11 PM

adidas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to adidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
Damn theves they got lots of brains. Once got my place broken into, they stole the DVD player and every remote in the house. Still getting off the couch to turn the 51" big screen on/off LMAO
LOL dirty thieves!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:25 PM

pandafishowner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
LOL! go spend $15 on a new *universal* remote

50g cube SW tank (24x24x20) w/20g sump and internal overflow box, Coralife 24" 2 x 65W Aqualight, skimmer, and 2x HOB filters
It has approx 35lbs live rock, clownfish, 1 black & white saddleback clownfish, asst'd mushrooms, asst'd zoas, gsp, turbo and other snails, blue legged, halloween and other hermit crabs, tuxedo urchin

10g FW tank with...
Current occupants are cardinal tetras and ameca splendons
Old 01-20-2008, 08:37 PM

Floop70 is on a distinguished road

Put out the money for a Logitech Harmony 880... it'll replace every remote in your house. If you watch the Dell.ca site they occasionally go on sale for $129, or I saw them at Costco for $169 last week.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:55 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Great remote Basically a little PC with an infrared emitter!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:13 AM

BCOrchidGuy is on a distinguished road

Albert I'm really sorry to hear about the break in etc... Hope everything works out.

Doug
Old 01-24-2008, 08:17 PM

TANGOMAN is on a distinguished road

Albert, I will echo many by saying how sorry I am to hear this. I know everyone will agree when I say "take my stuff but leave that which you cannot take with you". Insured or not, and regardless of the financial compensation, nothing will replace the feelings of being violated as you have. Nothing can replace that. Theft really ****es me off, but vandalism just makes me sick!
As mentioned, our society is deteriorating rapidly and we must all take actions to protect ourselves. I no longer trust anyone who comes to my home if I'm selling privately. It's saddens me to think if a fellow reefer is coming over to buy some stuff I have an inherant fear they're "scoping my place out". I no longer ask fellow reefers if I can come in and see their tank as I realize they may share this mis-trust. It's a caution that borders on paranoia and it really sucks!
All I can offer is encouragement as you pick up the pieces and move forward and you know I am one of VERY MANY who are thinking of you right now.

Far be it for me not to try and see the "lighter side" of things once in a while and encourage laughter, I recomend you gather receipts from competitors in your industry. You might end up payin' the insurance co. just cause' you're takin' home a deal that was just too good...

All the best my friend!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:19 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Hmm .. interesting. I've gotten that feeling before too, but you know what, I'm still going to try to trust people. And I'll still ask to see tanks ... because *I* know I'm not scoping out the place, and the only way to win trust from others is to earn it, and the only way I can demonstrate that is by just doing it.

I dunno... life in Calgary has changed a little in the last few years. Having been born here and lived my whole life here so far, I think that puts me in something of a minority and I think it gives me some authority on the subject of "it's not quite the same as it was a few years ago." I dunno, there are still benefits to living here though (I have to keep telling myself this, anyhow..)