Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 12-17-2007, 07:07 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

There's a picture of the automatic shutoff valve in this thread (post 8)
Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 PM

TANGOMAN is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mark! I always wondered what the purpose of that was. Now I wonder what the check valve on the ro housing is for...? Anyone in Calgary sourced out replacement solenoid valves locally? If I actually get this functioning normally again do I have to put the electronic solenoid valve in the back yard again this spring? It has dials and lcd display, all the essentials for a cool looking fish room...LOL

I'm afraid to look back and see if my original question was answered.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:17 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresont View Post
I would respectfully disagree.

DI water Is very bad for human body because it does not have dissolved solids in it we need at least 150 ppm to 210 ppm of dissolved solids for our kidneys to function properly.
If we drink water with less then 210 ppm our body will start taking minerals from the bones as well as blood. Blood has to have at least 1% calcium in it , doesn’t seem like much but if it drops below 1% not good for heart.
When I buy drinking water it is at least 210 ppm and some times I buy water wit 2000PPM (Made in Germany)
thats just pure malarky, might happen if you didn't eat or drink anything else at all, but if it was true, I would be dead as when we go to sea we are drinking water we make which is 0.065epm (at the most) which is cleaner than any water we will ever see. and we drink it for up to 6 months at a time.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.