Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 08-29-2007, 05:16 AM

mr_alberta is on a distinguished road

I think you are thinking about the rust colored flatworms and not the acro eating flatworms Deb.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:13 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Ah yes, I am !
Old 08-29-2007, 04:43 PM

hawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed holland View Post
will it work on nudies!!!!!
It doesn't seem to work on nudis. It may kill some or at least irritate them enough to dislodge them, making them easier to see. I haven't been able to find anything that reliably works on nudis. The problem is the eggs, which none of the current dips/methods kill. They can be in any nook or cranny waiting to hatch. A few months back I received a really nice monti with nudi's, I resorted to fw dips and daily inspections, picking off what I could see. I thought I had them beat a couple of times but after 2 months I gave up. I read that Eric Bournman is releasing a new nudi treatment in "Advanced Reefkeeping" sometime in the fall.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:06 PM

mr_alberta is on a distinguished road

Hi,

How did you manage to do a FW dip on a Montipora? I tried it before and the montiopora never survives its encounter with the freshwater. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk View Post
It doesn't seem to work on nudis. It may kill some or at least irritate them enough to dislodge them, making them easier to see. I haven't been able to find anything that reliably works on nudis. The problem is the eggs, which none of the current dips/methods kill. They can be in any nook or cranny waiting to hatch. A few months back I received a really nice monti with nudi's, I resorted to fw dips and daily inspections, picking off what I could see. I thought I had them beat a couple of times but after 2 months I gave up. I read that Eric Bournman is releasing a new nudi treatment in "Advanced Reefkeeping" sometime in the fall.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:29 PM

hawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_alberta View Post
Hi,

How did you manage to do a FW dip on a Montipora? I tried it before and the montiopora never survives its encounter with the freshwater. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
When I said resorted to fw dips that was after trying everything from Lugols, TMPCC, I even tried the Fluke tab treatment some are using for AEFW's. I figured Fw was worth a shot. The monti definitely took a big hit with fw, partially bleached out but not totally. It was still alive when I gave-up.