Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-03-2016, 06:05 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post
Try for every 2 weeks 20% ish but lately i've been doing some bigger ones (50% 40%) trying to get the tank back on track from a 1 month holiday, change my carbon every month and pretty much stopped using GFO now that im dosing Foz Down with the doser.

Still able to manually dose Mag Alk and run Kalk in the Ato. But pretty soon ill be setting up the doser to Dose Cal and Alk as the demand is getting more than kalk can candle
I've been using Foz Down for about six months now as well, I just add 6-7 drops a week into my ATO water storage tank, seems to do as good a job as when I ran gfo IMO.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:57 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I'm down to a 40g breeder tank now. I usually do a 5g salt pail water change a week and use (2) 2 1/2 gallon pails to mix the new water. This is the reason I went to a 40g, I can easily dump a 5g pail of dirty water down the toilet, easily pour in the smaller buckets of new water by hand and I get about a 15% water change done in about 10 minutes. I also use 2-4 drops of Fozdown each week and a bag of carbon once a month.