Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 11-29-2010, 12:19 AM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

few points here

Ecotech only ask an end user to contact them IF the end user is not sure of the problem, it is best to get first hand assistance rather than relayed through multiple points where the info could get miss read or lost. The dealer of course should be happy to contact the distributor for assistance also.

In regards to resellers - If you are a distributor you are banned from reselling the product yourself to end users. If a reseller buys direct from Ecotech (in bulk) they can not distribute the product to other stores also.

There is a clear line between distributor and reseller for Ecotech and we are strictly bound by it.

Distributor = sells to stores only, banned from selling to end users
reseller = LFS, either buys from registered distributor or buys in bulk direct from ecotech, they are banned from distributing to other stores.

If an LFS buys direct they are liable for their own warranties back to Ecotech and can have their own policies.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 11-29-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:10 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Well I got a call today from Trina at Reefwholesale. They are sending me a brand new pump. For those of you that don't know they are the place to deal with for warranty on the Vortech. Took a little digging around to get a solution to this issue and it has made me feel better about the product. Thanks Trina and Reefwholesale.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:28 PM

Well another rant! Was told that as soon as they receive my MP40 they will send out the replacement immediately. The unit was delivered on Dec.7 at 3:41. Well now on the 11th I get an email saying unfortunately they cannot send out the new one because I did not send the power supply. "Please inform us if you are going to send the power supply or your credit card number so we can charge $58.70 for the cost." Are you frigging kidding me? Take the power supply out and send the damn pump! As if i'm trying to pull one over on them and try to get myself a spare power supply! I got screwed around for a week trying to find out where to get some help for this peice of crap. The only way I got a response was by posting a rant on Reef Central. So I take back my words. The customer service sucks. There goes my plan for putting a MP60 in my tank. Who would pay $799 for something that has crappy bearings in it and has so many compalints within a year of use? I would'nt and I dont recommend this product to anyone, mine failed after 4 months. Sorry people but I had to rant somewheres.

Last edited by Madreefer; 12-11-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Man that sucks! Contact Kevin at red coal if you want an MP60 they purchase through us so any issues are dealt with immediately with absolute none of this.

I have no idea who is giving you this kind of support (will not get drawn into that one) but whichever way please do not get put off by it for your MP60, buy through Red Coral or another one of our vendors and you will have zero issues ever with product support you have my personal assurance just as with the Skimz.

As I think Ken aready testified, we have zero issue warranty replacement proceedures on Vortech. Drop the unit off to your vendor and we snaction an immediate replacement providing the fault has been pre diagnosed by the vendor, us or Ecotech. We will then sort out the returns with the vendor so the client is left hassle free as best as possible.

Same with wet sides, if your wet side goes bad under warranty drop it into your vendor and they will replace it immediately no waiting around, of course this only applies if they are one of our vendors I can not speak for other distributors policies.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 12-11-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:43 PM

Chipie is on a distinguished road

Well Trina is at Reefwholeseller.com. I sent a gen1 dry side and it arrived on the 7th too and i still haven't heard back about it. I had a wet side that was on warranty go bad and sent it last summer and it took a very very long time for me to get it back. When i contacted them, they said they were testing my wet side before sending it back Hope this one goes faster.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:47 PM

Ya thats who i'm dealing with. I posted another rant on the other site. I know the president of Ecotech reads the posts. If retailers have to go through this same crap then why sell them.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:51 PM

Retailers should be treated the same way the client is, the replacment is sent immediately by us (if our vendors) for them.

I will contact Ecotech in regards to all this on Monday.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:55 PM

Thanks, I didn't want to say anything the other day when you said that a defective wet side should be replaced and not repaired. I was told by reefwholeseller that they were testing my wet side after a few week of receiving mine. So i was under the impression it was being repaired. Maybe they just told me that to gain some time...i don't know
Old 12-11-2010, 04:59 PM

Sorry guys, i cant comment on other distributors policies, I am merely posting here to help protect Ecotech from bad feeling as it should not be this difficult. I think the issue is arising from multiple distribution points in Canada either large stores that buy direct or multiple stores that buy from us, or other distributor outlets.

Aqua Digital Incs own policy is posted on our Ecotech sub forum.

However I have just emailed Jay at Ecotech and made him aware of this thread so he can follow up with the parties or clients as required.

One thing highly important to Ecotech is their good name so i know they will look into all this.

If you have any further concerns please email us and we will look into it for you swiftly.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 12-11-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:01 PM

I totally understand Thanks for wanting to help.