Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 11-27-2010, 07:55 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverDude View Post
Yes, but "noisy" is the bearings starting to fail. As long as it's under warranty, then....well...it still takes TIME (time with no Vortech in your tank) to get it fixed (regardless of whether you're paying or not).

Presumeably, they replace the dry side in it's entirety but even if they didn't, I think it's safe to assume that the replacement or repaired unit will have the same inferior quality bearings. Perhaps the bearings are good quality and there is a design issue; I don't know and the Vortech folks will never say.

One way or the other, it seems safe to say that it is simply a question of time before the bearings will have to be replaced on these. For the 'lucky ones' they'll fail early and you don't have to pay for it. For others, they'll last a little over a year and then fail.

Now, to be fair.... these pumps speed up and slow down endlessly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.....it's a LOT. However, if you're going to sell something that's *designed* for such a demanding application, and charge primo $$ for it, you'd better damned well be sure it can cut the mustard, so to speak !
Well, anything that moves can wear, so it is expected. I can state the JL is selling replacement parts, and the pricing is quite reasonable. So I am not worried. They do what they claim, and do what other powerhead/wavemakers cannot. I am not worried, and can say that Ecotech has been easy to deal with, in my case.

Still worth the $$$$, IMO. But I am always opent to cheaper pricing, and would welcome them lowering their pricing.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 11-28-2010, 02:40 PM

Chipie is on a distinguished road

It's http://reefwholesale.com (Pat)that are now in charge of repairs for Ecotech in Canada. It's in Ottawa. Hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:00 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipie View Post
It's http://reefwholesale.com (Pat)that are now in charge of repairs for Ecotech in Canada. It's in Ottawa. Hope this helps.
That is it, that is exactly what they told me. If you contact them, I am sure you will be taken care of.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 11-28-2010, 11:03 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys

If the Vortech was purchased through on of our dealers (please ask the dealer for point of purchase) we have a very simple no hassle switch out plan if still in warranty, and if not an at import cost replacement program.

Take the unit to your dealer and they give you a new one. If wet side failure then you get a wet side, if dry side you get a dry side. If both you get both.

We then send the dealer a replacement

We try to offer the best client care where possible with this sort of thing. Just ask Ken at Blue World, his client had one fail and already the new one is on its way from us.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Vendor

BlueWorldAquatic is on a distinguished road

I can attest to that.

BlueTang had a mp10 start going noisy, all it took was a phone call to Michael, and I have a replacement whole unit comming for him. I would have replaced it on my end if I had one in stock.

EcoTech support is only good for units purchased in the USA unfortunately.

Ken - BWA

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 11-29-2010, 12:08 AM

I had bought a wet side from one of your resellers in Canada (www.goreef.com) and i asked what to do for repairs or replacement and was sent by the guys fron goreef to Reefwholesale.com even if my wet side was still on warranty.As far as i know it was repaired, not exchanged. So i think you should make this clear to all your resellers. There seems to be some confusion here.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:11 AM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Go Reef is not one of our dealers so we can not hold them to warranty or comment.

Here is our policy
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...792#post568792

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 11-29-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Vendor

BlueWorldAquatic is on a distinguished road

There are actually 2 distributors that I know for the EcoTech line.

Reefwholesale & Aqua-Digital

Just depends on which you go through.

I have had warranty issues with both and both came out with flying colors.

One was a bit brighter than the other.

Ken - BWA

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 AM

So you mean that a fish store can sell your products and not be a reseller?
Old 11-29-2010, 12:15 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic View Post
I can attest to that.

BlueTang had a mp10 start going noisy, all it took was a phone call to Michael, and I have a replacement whole unit comming for him. I would have replaced it on my end if I had one in stock.

EcoTech support is only good for units purchased in the USA unfortunately.

Ken - BWA
My dealer told me that his supplier which is in the U.S. told him that either he or myself have to deal with Ecotech ourselves. At being only 4 months old I would think the dealer would replace with no questions asked and deal with Ecotech himself. Not the only problem with this unit as the night mode is wonky on it. He said he would get back to me on monday so we'll see what he says. He seems to want to communicate via email. Maybe i'm too old school but don't find that too cool.