Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 08-17-2010, 02:53 PM

Sunee is on a distinguished road

I haven't got my pumps yet, they are in the mail but I downloaded the EcoSmart manual from the Ecotech site before I ordered. The full manual is available in pdf at the following link:http://ecotechmarine.com/ecosmart/
Old 08-18-2010, 04:41 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunee View Post
I haven't got my pumps yet, they are in the mail but I downloaded the EcoSmart manual from the Ecotech site before I ordered. The full manual is available in pdf at the following link:http://ecotechmarine.com/ecosmart/
Thanks by the way. That helps explain things a little better.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:14 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Keep an eye on the starting time you set the night mode at. There are problems with it delaying a bit every day resulting in the night mode kicking in later every day. I'd be interested to know if your new drivers are afflicted in the same manner. I need to reset the time every week or so to keep it in line. Not a real big deal, but EcoTech seems to be struggling with a solution.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:12 PM

Sunee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Thanks by the way. That helps explain things a little better.
You are welcome!

Mike31154 - thanks for that tip!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:28 AM

So after running this for a couple of weeks I really like it. Running on reef crest. But noticed a really weird thing. I have a Bell Express Veiw sat. The kind that runs multiple rooms. The main tv is fine but the ones in other rooms have slight lines that flicker on the screen. I know the vortech is causing this because it only started when I put the pump in. When I shut it off the lines go away. Anyone else experience this. Could there be a problem with my pump to cause this interference?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:29 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So after running this for a couple of weeks I really like it. Running on reef crest. But noticed a really weird thing. I have a Bell Express Veiw sat. The kind that runs multiple rooms. The main tv is fine but the ones in other rooms have slight lines that flicker on the screen. I know the vortech is causing this because it only started when I put the pump in. When I shut it off the lines go away. Anyone else experience this. Could there be a problem with my pump to cause this interference?
Haha nope its normal mine did the exact same, messed with the TV and actually if you try and play a radio by it the frequency of the Vortec will be played. It's an absolutely evil sound, I woke up to it the morning after I watched Paranormal activity and nearly died.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Haha nope its normal mine did the exact same, messed with the TV and actually if you try and play a radio by it the frequency of the Vortec will be played. It's an absolutely evil sound, I woke up to it the morning after I watched Paranormal activity and nearly died.
Thanks. I was beginning to think I got a "bad strain." You of all people should know what I mean by that.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:24 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks. I was beginning to think I got a "bad strain." You of all people should know what I mean by that.
Haha because I can't portray sarcasm properly on this site:

[Sarcasm]
I have no idea at all what your talking about
[/Endsarcasm]
Old 09-12-2010, 12:59 AM

Another question. How loud is other peoples Vortech? Should I be able to hear it? It's not vibrating but just a kind of whirring sound. Can't tell if it's the wet or dry side.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:59 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Most of the sound is probably from the dry side. Since the dry side is outside of the tank, there's no water to dampen the motor sound. It's usually more noticeable on short pulse mode ramping up to 100%. In many cases, they will also quiet down after a few days 'break in' period. Also depends on what else around your system is generating noise. I really only hear mine in the evening after the lights (and associated fans) go out. But once they go into slower 'night' mode, things are pretty quiet.