Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-18-2007, 11:35 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

Just take one of the pointy syringes that come with a Salifert test kit, fill it with kalkwasser slurry, and shove it down their throat.... they don't seem to like it.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:54 PM

bv_reefer is on a distinguished road
i must say that joes juice killed my couple of aiptasia immediately, however never had majano nor tryed joes juice on it so not sure about them, but for this case to me looks more like majano imo, either way don't delay, blast em' while there still not established

My reef~http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...-/P4300459.jpg
Old 09-19-2007, 05:46 PM

hillbillyreefer is on a distinguished road

Next question. Does majano come in colors other that green? Are there different species (kinds) of Aiptasia? I'm going to smoke a couple of the Anemones with lemon juice at lunch time and see what happens. It'll take a few days to get Joe's Juice to the boonies where I live.

Thanks
Brad
Old 09-19-2007, 10:57 PM

bv_reefer is on a distinguished road
i've tried lemon juice 4 times on the same aiptasia, and nothing happened until i brought in the joes juice, but it may be different for you

My reef~http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...-/P4300459.jpg
Old 09-19-2007, 11:33 PM

I shot up one of them with a 16 gauge needle and lemon juice. I stuck him in the face with the needle and dosed him. He retracted into the rock immediatley. I shoved the needle into the hole and fished it around some more while putting more juice on him. Haven't seen him since will keep you guys posted. They are for sure aiptasia, another one has really been poking out of the rock today, gonna nail him and a few of his closest friends later tonight. I've found a couple baby ones in the last few minutes too. Will smoke them tonight too, although they are tough to light.

Brad
Old 09-19-2007, 11:57 PM

Myanth is on a distinguished road

I have had great success with straight calcium. Just take the tanks regular dose and mix it with as little water as possible to make a liquid. Use a syringe to get it right in the little buggers. It melts them pretty quick, just make sure you have nothing directly beneath or down stream as the calcium with hurt them too. (still have a scar on my orange cap)

Also a copperband butterfly will quite often develop a taste for them and will get rid of the smaller ones pretty quickly although they tend to wreak havok on any ornamental feather dusters that may cross their path as well.

Hope that helps.
Mike
Old 09-20-2007, 06:04 PM

Here's the early results. I shut off the flow, shoved the needle into them and shot them with lemon juice. They didn't like it a bit. They shrunk into the rock I chased them in thrashed around with the needle and gave them more juice. There was a white cloud of juice around the Aiptasia's area for a while so I left the flow off for about 30 min. Turned on the flow. This morning I've seen no evidence of them coming back out. I'm going to move some rock around while the little one is sleeping so should be able to get a good look. Next try is with calcium. I saw a recipe for do it yourself 2 part additives anyone else know where I came across that I'd like to try it out.

Brad