Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 PM

mameroo2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=HaZRaTTy;841035]Hey,

I was at frag fest and have seen the posts and pictures of your setup and I'm quite impressed. Do you culture Rotifers? Also curious about the phyto seems everyone is culturing there own these days. How many systems of yours are kicking around the city and what do you do to reduce crashes?

To avoid phytoplankton crash (Contamination) You have to sterilize everything, toRO/DI water, equipment.
I use pure alcohol to sterilize all my equipments, I clean the equipment with alcohol then I rised them with hot tap water. The alcohol will evaporate on 30c temp.On my RO/DI I use ozoneizer for about 5~10 minute before use.

I'm not sure how many systems are kicking around.
I do have 12 phytoplankton reactors running with 6 different species, I also have 2 Rotifers reactors, 3 species of copepods, amphipods and brine shrimps cultures.
I'm working on breeding live mysis.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 PM

mameroo2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmeJReefer View Post
thank you very much for the SWAP at FragFest! I was the fella that sold ya the LEDs, protein skimmer etc. for a trade....

Must say, I have gotten phyto , rotifiers, and copepods from you before and found no ill effects from feeding live! My coral and tank in general are super thriving and the coral color is intense. And I run a Nano-tank...I keep up with precise feeding amounts and a regular regimen that ive finally found success with MY tank. Very cool wut u r doing. I will be hitting ya up wen th house is finished being built and I have my ManCave/Aquariium setup in place!!!!

thanks again. Great demo at FragFest. I hope others r seeing the HUGE benefits from feeding live!!!!
You are very welcome
I setup a nano reef tank with the led and protein skimmer I got from you.