Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #2

Old 04-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlily View Post
What I would like to see if Contest #1 finished before Contest #2 takes over the boards. This thread keeps being used and is on page 1. The voting threads for contest #1 is now buried on page 3. "How long is your photoperiod" is now the featured poll on page 1. Voting for Contest #1 never even made it to the front page polls. Sorry, but alot of people put in alot of work for the first contest and it would be nice to give them a couple of days of attention.
Sorry I meant to make a new forum for it. I don't think both contests should be in the same one, takes away from each IMO.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:05 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Christy,

What are the voting polls for Contest #1 locked?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Staff

the polls aren't locked, just the threads are. I just didn't want people posting in them so I could bump them up occasionally.

bloody hell, just when I think I have this stupid program figured out. Sorry about that. It was just supposed to be locked for posting not voting too.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.

Last edited by christyf5; 04-17-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:40 PM

The program is out to get you!

So everyone, what is the plan? I'm starting to plan this all out already, but I need some goals and limations placed on my potential craziness....shall we get on it?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Staff

Lets rock and roll. What was the general consensus on rules and categories and stuffs?

Should we sort of roll it out like this years? With voting for a "best tank" and "most innovative" category?

I was thinking we could go with a tank size limit/water volume limit for both a stock and custom category (I was thinking max tank size 20 gal, max water volume 30 then it squeaks in as a nano and those doing a 20gal can have a sump). Then do limited and unlimited budget for each leaving 4 categories total?? Simplifies it a little.

My 180 Build

Old 04-17-2009, 07:00 PM

It seems like the 4 person consensus (go vote people!) on the start date is looking like June 1 right now.

Most of the responses in the category poll came up as a Stock 10g with a limited budget, and a custom tank with a limited budget. However I did notice there was interest in pico-type tanks as well.

I'm still prefering a max volume of twice the size of the display, so 20g + 20g = 40g, but I'll go along with almost anything.

Budgets, I think, but anyone can pipe up here, that we are leaning towards a limited hardware budget, but unlimited livestock budget.

Rules...yeah...something something....rules...someone fill in this blank....rules...bla ba ba blacksheep have you any wool?
Old 04-17-2009, 07:55 PM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

I say K.I.S.S. Basic guidelines could be: Max volume of 20 gallons + 10 gallons for a sump ( I think most people consider anything over 30 to 34 gallons isn't really a nano). Max hardware budget of $300? $400? Maybe $500? I bow to others on that. I plan on probably doing something in the 3 to 4 gallon range (so well within the size restriction) and I want it to come in below $300 so it really doesn't matter to me. Since livestock is so variable I agree that it is hard to agree on and police that budget so just have that open.

As I said, set some limits on max size and max spending and let people get creative within those limits.