Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Contest #3

Old 05-05-2010, 03:17 PM

ReeferMush is on a distinguished road
Default Update !!

I haven't seen the Harleqiun Shrimp for almost two weeks and had thought it was molting so I decided to pull the rocks out and clean the tank a bit but no sign of the Harlequin. In some good news I bought a 24" Odyssea for cheap and the rock work has been moved and scrubed of any unwanted algea, leaving it looking great! I also brought home a Starry Blennie and a Domino Damsel, and they have been loving the new tank and everybody gets along which is which is nice. On another note my buddy bought a 3 lbs piece of liverock and inside one of the crevasse's was a hitch hiker anemone so if anyone can ID it that would be very helpful!! Well here are the newly updated pics with the new livestock and new tank shots.

So Chech out this Hitch Hiker, I've done a little research and can't really pull up anything on this, I thought it might be a Tealia Anemone of some kind but no positive ID.

And just some other nice Hitch Hikers that came on some of my rock.

Here are the fish!

Last edited by ReeferMush; 05-05-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:27 AM

ReeferMush is on a distinguished road
Default Ok Enough is Enough

I've been fighting phosphate levels since i've started and can't seem to get the algea under control. So enough is enough, lets see what we can do, how bout 4000 HH (800GPH) and 2 Kordelia Powerheads (1 and a Nano), and new reactor for NP Pellets. So now my system runs around 1000GPH when the timer kicks on the powerheads, and I'm also running a marineland pump(247GHP) to tumble the NP pellets.

On another note I've added a few new fish to liven up the tank a bit, a yellow eyed blenny, 2 barnicle blennies, and a lemonpeel angel. I also bought a nice piece of SPS, this is the color change over a week.