Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 12-23-2013, 05:02 PM

tim the toolman is on a distinguished road

I think what it boils down to is can you afford it lol. I think most people would go as high end as possible if the money was unlimited. Give me a free pick of koralia, vortechs or jebaos and I'm taking the vortech for sure. But for a quarter of the price I had to go wp40. And as far as battery backup is concerned it may not switch over automatically, but I bought a generator for less than the cost of the vortech backup system and I can run my whole system (basically) and a few household components off of it.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
Give me a free pick of koralia, vortechs or jebaos and I'm taking the vortech for sure.
No, I disagree. I'd go with the WP series, more water movement, less noise and directional. I'm one of those that doesn't see the benefits of vortechs. Given free access to either jebao or Tunze, I'd go Tunze, just because my experience has been great with them. although, sounds like recent quality might not be what it once was.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:23 PM

That actually good to hear then. Notice I did not mention the tunze in my list of freebies. That's because I have no experience with them at all and would be lying to say I can rank them anywhere in my list. The WP to me is a great pump as well, been running it for about 6+ months and nothing but good things to report. I could afford the mp40 just won't justify the expense as I would need a couple and would rather spend that money on a trip to see the real ocean lol.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

And that's just it. I can well afford to stock the entire tank with Tunze, but with the money I save going cheaper, I get most of a week in Mexico paid. So far the WP60 is doing great.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:35 PM

And that just makes cents!

Sorry for the terrible pun