Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-16-2012, 06:07 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Also I need you skimmer whores out there to give me advice on a good, trouble free hang on skimmer or an external skimmer that can sit in the stand and is able to pump the water up a 4' head height back into the tank with out any problem.....ADVICE! Or something like that.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 PM

therealshark is on a distinguished road

glad you are happy with the purchase. also happy to see it coming together so quickly. i think a SOL blue will fit this tank perfectly.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealshark View Post
glad you are happy with the purchase. also happy to see it coming together so quickly. i think a SOL blue will fit this tank perfectly.
Yeah the SOL blue should be awesome.

Parameter check

Ammonia: 0.5-0.75 ppm
Nitrate: 5 ppm
Ph: 8.1

I just stopped there, cycle has started and thats what i wanted to see
Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 PM

badfish! is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to badfish!

Have you thought about your stocking list yet? I'm curious because I am also going to be setting up a 60 gallon "cubish" tank soon (I'm just in the process of gathering up the last little bits of equipment and such) and I'd like to see what yours is going to be.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish! View Post
Have you thought about your stocking list yet? I'm curious because I am also going to be setting up a 60 gallon "cubish" tank soon (I'm just in the process of gathering up the last little bits of equipment and such) and I'd like to see what yours is going to be.
I knew I was forgeting something! Hmm, definitly a tang of some kind....and other shiny fish that do not stir up the substrate or play interior decorator with the rocks and coral....but I want shiny fish!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:21 PM

badfish! is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to badfish!

Will there be enough swimming room for a tang (I'm not getting on your case or anything, I just dismissed them for my tank because I didnt think there'd be enough room, my tank is not set up yet, but I've pretty much got the livestock for it already ). What kind of tang would you get?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish! View Post
Will there be enough swimming room for a tang (I'm not getting on your case or anything, I just dismissed them for my tank because I didnt think there'd be enough room, my tank is not set up yet, but I've pretty much got the livestock for it already ). What kind of tang would you get?
Well without doing any research, I would say the yellow tang. But once i start doing research that may change if i find that I can fit a different tang in there.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM

So I got everything transfered and in good time to. Apparently the old tank had a minor leak in the bottom silicone seal lol....

Parameters:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrates: 5
Ph: 8.1

Martin should be over in the next week with a AI Sol Super Blue to test drive it and check the coverage and to see if I need to re-visit the lighting or not. If the light does not cover good enough then I will be looking at a DIY on a 12"x12" heatsink with around 24 - 30 LED's. Martin gave me the idea if it comes to that. And on that note, if any one is looking for a DIY led source then I sudgest talking to Martin. He has the simplest designs ever that reduce the need for sauders.

I still need opinions from everyone on a good skimmer that either hangs on the back or can sit under the stand but can pump the water up a 4' head height with minimal problems.

I will be getting more Live Rock to build up the aquascape and much more shiny coral.

Front

Sides

Front From distance

Sides from distance

Inside tank Taken at an angle downwards

Night Lights that im testing out...pretty bright and awesome

Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road

neat, good to see some progress, are you adding matured water from you existing tank into the new one??
Old 04-17-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
neat, good to see some progress, are you adding matured water from you existing tank into the new one??
Yep I added enough matured water to make a difference in the new tank. Also took the over the top filter from the old tank and put it on. It has carbon, rubble and a coarse sponge filter in it with lots of healthy bacteria.

Hey you have that cube of yours right? The one that Martin is supplying the light for and greg is building?