Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-27-2013, 01:32 AM

Frenchie2 is on a distinguished road
Default Tank crash

Well I've been in this hobby for quite a few years now and am just experiencing my first tank crash with an original bio cube 29g. What a bummer! So I will be moving the still healthy corals to a friend of mine as I will be restarting my bio cube. My question is would anyone of you know what I should put my RBTA in so it doesn't set itself inside a rock crevasse in my friend's tank as I would basically not be able to get it back... I was suggested a breeder box that could go inside his tank until my tank is ready (probably 1 week or so). Any other ideas? I am restarting my bio cube with cured live rock that is currently stored in my friend's sump that is connected to his running tank. I will put new sand but keep a touch of the old one to get the cycle going. Then I will get a big majority of my friend's salt water tank (maybe 25 g of it) with some new water (Rodi). I will be testing everyday until the tank is ready. Please advise for the RBTA. Thanks much for your input.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:49 AM

AquaticFinatic is on a distinguished road

Try a clay flower pot. It works.

Loudest part of my system would be the nagging sound I hear on a regular basis about how much time and money I spend on the tank.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:43 AM

nerdz is on a distinguished road

you could buy a plastic strainer from the dollar store. I've seen Oceanic Corals keep them this way.