Old 03-24-2015, 06:26 AM

Ranchu50 is on a distinguished road
Default Looks great!

Your tank is looking amazing!

Soo much thought put into each detail.
Love it!
Old 03-24-2015, 02:22 PM

Piscez is on a distinguished road

Hey Brian looking awesome, think it's time for a visit!
Old 03-31-2015, 02:14 AM

rishu_pepper is on a distinguished road

Stand doors put in, things are coming to place:

Corals have been looking pretty good lately also.

Volleyball sized mutant hammer (frags soon if anyone is interested):

Recently acquired RBTA has been adjusting well, turning into its dinner plate size, occupied by a porcelain crab. Donut coral from Nicole pictured below, nice and plump:

Rainbow brain, courtesy Daryl:

Orange crush acans from Mike and branching hammers from Anthony:

Candy canes from Nicole and more branching hammers, forgot who I bought it from..:

Absolutely gorgeous wall hammer from Albert, torch from Daryl, and bubble coral from Anthony:

Our showpiece sebae anemone from previous 75g's tank owner Jin, will host Mindy's two Onyx clowns after fallow period:

Wife's zoa garden (not completely pictured):

Brian
Old 03-31-2015, 02:45 AM

Sharkbait-huhaha is on a distinguished road

Wow. That anemone is gorgeous!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:19 AM

Piscez is on a distinguished road

fantastic corals!!! Count me in for Hammer frags!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:33 AM

Sounds like there are some initial interested parties on the mutant hammer. Once I get fragging I will post an ad on the buy/sell section.

I'm a sucker for LPS, especially of the euphyllia variety. Coral-wise I think this is the direction we'll go, heavy on LPS and maybe with a smidgen of SPS once things get more settled in.

Thank you Andrew and Peter for the compliments. The RBTA was a real smashing deal, $70 including the RBTA (about 8"-10" across fully expanded), a very nice looking piece of LR that it was attached to, and a maroon clown the owner insisted on selling. We want to go to a different direction with the clowns in this one eventually (maybe orange skunks, black dominos, or black ocellaris) so the maroon is in the holding tank atm, with no interested party it will likely go back to JL for store credit soon.

Brian

Last edited by rishu_pepper; 03-31-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:02 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishu_pepper View Post
Our showpiece sebae anemone from previous 75g's tank owner Jin, will host Mindy's two Onyx clowns after fallow period
Awesome! I think they will like the anemone!

SPS fanatic.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Awesome! I think they will like the anemone!
In fact they DO love it, they have been hosted by the sebae for months before we had to separate them due to the fallow period. The countdown is on and they'll be back in June.

On an related note, do you think IF we placed the Onyx's in near the RBTA that they will switch homes or will they eventually find their way back to the sebae (the two anems are about as far as they can be in the tank, with sight lines separated also)? The reason I ask is we discussed if it would look nicer when the first thing one sees is the RBTA/Onyx, since the RBTA is at the tip of the tank. If not, then it's no big deal.

Got any nice black coloured clowns you're breeding, Mindy?

Brian
Old 04-01-2015, 03:18 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishu_pepper View Post
In fact they DO love it, they have been hosted by the sebae for months before we had to separate them due to the fallow period. The countdown is on and they'll be back in June.

On an related note, do you think IF we placed the Onyx's in near the RBTA that they will switch homes or will they eventually find their way back to the sebae (the two anems are about as far as they can be in the tank, with sight lines separated also)? The reason I ask is we discussed if it would look nicer when the first thing one sees is the RBTA/Onyx, since the RBTA is at the tip of the tank. If not, then it's no big deal.

Got any nice black coloured clowns you're breeding, Mindy?
If you have the lights out when you put them in and the anemone is still open, and you release them from your hand right into the anemone, you probably have a 50/50 chance they will stay put in that anemone.

If it was me, I would remove the Sebae to a holding tank, introduce the new Darwin (black) Clowns to the Sebae there. Then the Onyx should develop a good bond with the BTA, and in a few weeks put the Sebae back, make sure it's all puffed up (might take a couple days), and then put the Darwins right into the Sebae.

OR, introduce the Darwins and Onyx on the same day and let them figure who gets which anemone.

I actually DO have a beautiful jet black breeding pair of Darwins for sale right now. I'm getting out of breeding and focusing on the aquarium maintenance part of my business. You and I have the same taste - Onyx and Darwins are my two favs too.

SPS fanatic.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
If you have the lights out when you put them in and the anemone is still open, and you release them from your hand right into the anemone, you probably have a 50/50 chance they will stay put in that anemone.

If it was me, I would remove the Sebae to a holding tank, introduce the new Darwin (black) Clowns to the Sebae there. Then the Onyx should develop a good bond with the BTA, and in a few weeks put the Sebae back, make sure it's all puffed up (might take a couple days), and then put the Darwins right into the Sebae.

OR, introduce the Darwins and Onyx on the same day and let them figure who gets which anemone.

I actually DO have a beautiful jet black breeding pair of Darwins for sale right now. I'm getting out of breeding and focusing on the aquarium maintenance part of my business. You and I have the same taste - Onyx and Darwins are my two favs too.
Ooh send me some pictures of the Darwins! Could be interested.

Brian