Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-01-2015, 01:52 AM

Gilthefish is on a distinguished road
Default coral importers/obtaining a cites permit

Hi guys I have two related questions that i was hoping to find answers to, saves me having to make two post.

First I know that this has been asked quiet a bit, but I cannot find a definitive answer. How would i go about purchasing non-cites corals from the US?
Im thinking i could purchase them while im down in florida and send them via fedex over night before i got on the plane. Label them by their scientific name Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Cnidaria
Class: Anthozoa
Subclass: Hexacorallia
Order: Zoanthidea
Family: Parazoanthidae
Genus: Zoanthus
and include a recipe and letter about how they are not on the cites list with information about the species?

Second question: I am currently setting up several coral replanting and reef rehabilitation sites in the solomon islands as part of a climate change project. There are some wicked corals here that we are growing for replantation and reef rehabilitation. how would i go about applying for a permit to ship some back to canada? are their any importers out that that could do this for me? If all is cool with the locals and village chiefs which it should be, once the corals are large enough i should be able to get some very beautiful and unique sps for pretty much nothing.