Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation
Default Kamloops move

Well I,m finally getting settled in.......somewhat. It was a long haul out here. My clowns and the few sps I brought all made it fine, along with my wife,s betta, that thinks he,s a dog or something.

Worse part was arriving and our place was not ready. Nice when you have a trailer full, tubs of fish and corals in your truck and 6 people ready to help you move. Long story but we ended up buying a different unit. Its a bit smaller but was landscaped and with a much nicer lot. And it had a small office/fishroom for me.

Slowly learning our way around here. Found a nice little pet shop yesterday to buy some frozen food for my guys. They were getting sick of flakes I think. My stuff is still in their tub and working on getting my tank ready. In between all the other unpacking stuff and building a shed so we have someplace to put stuff.

Have to say I have never met so many nice people in my life. Helpful, courteous. Even a trip to the dump was something. Never been to such a nice landfill site with so many helpful workers. Same for several of the larger stores.

I ended up going with Shaw for my internet, tv and home phone. Good package, great service and good installer.

Have to go purchase more ro water today to make more saltwater. Hopefully have my ro running soon.

We miss Brandon however. Visiting and coffee with my bud Mike.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:37 PM

Realshow is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Kamloops !
We moved here a couple years ago & love it.
what part of town did you settle in to?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:40 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Whats this Doug... you passed right by without at least hitting me up for a quick coffee?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:16 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Great news about a successful move, particularly your livestock & tank stuff. Welcome to BC. You might miss Brandon a bit initially, but come December/January, you're going to wonder why you put up with those Manitoba winters for so long. I spent part of my youth in Gimli & most of my teen years plus early military career in Cold Lake, brrr. Both places had their merits, people socialized more & were also friendly but I'm quite certain I made a good decision in moving to the Okanagan. Many more of my favourite activities are close at hand here & I don't get frozen stiff enjoying the winter sports during the cool season.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realshow View Post
Welcome to Kamloops !
We moved here a couple years ago & love it.
what part of town did you settle in to?
Thanks. Out in Brock area. We are on Ord rd, so we close to our kids up in Batch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck View Post
Whats this Doug... you passed right by without at least hitting me up for a quick coffee?
Sorry Ryan. We went no stop from Brandon to Hinton. I will take a rain check however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Great news about a successful move, particularly your livestock & tank stuff. Welcome to BC. You might miss Brandon a bit initially, but come this winter, you're going to wonder why you put up with those Manitoba winters for so long. I spent part of my youth in Gimli & most of my teen years plus early military years in Cold Lake, brrr. Both places had their merits, people socialized more & were also friendly but I'm quite certain I made a good decision in moving to the Okanagan. Many more of my favourite activities are close at hand here & I don't get frozen stiff enjoying the winter sports during the cool season.
We do like it here already. Except its rained since we came. So much for the desert conditions. It seems like a nice city, easy to get around, lots of places for shopping and restaurants.

I even have my BC drivers license already.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:40 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Well cool, glad to hear you're settled in and the move was OK!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:45 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

ya its a long pipe to join our tanks now Doug. me and Yammy are buying a second home to rent out going to look at it today. pretty excited to.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck View Post
Sounds mighty familiar Ryan.

Congrats on the move Doug. Hopefully life (and of course reefing) is more enjoyable there for you.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Well cool, glad to hear you're settled in and the move was OK!
Thanks Tony, the actual moving part was ok, parts when we arrived not so, but thank goodness for our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
ya its a long pipe to join our tanks now Doug. me and Yammy are buying a second home to rent out going to look at it today. pretty excited to.
So which you renting out? Hows ur tank doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Sounds mighty familiar Ryan.

Congrats on the move Doug. Hopefully life (and of course reefing) is more enjoyable there for you.
Thanks Brett. Already the time spent with our granddaughters makes any unpleasant part of the move worth it all.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Rest In Peace

Have to ask, what the **&&^%#% is with gas prices here. How can you be 1.25, then go down to 1.12, then next day back to 1.25, then back down again and so on. What kind of racket is that. Never seen the likes of it before. At least with Safeway points we fill at 1.08 when its low. Just have to watch the cycles. LOLOL