Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-29-2011, 01:40 AM

evaneatspie555 is on a distinguished road
Default Evans 55 slice of the ocean

I am going to be putting up my 55 gallon tank because I'm finding it too hard to make a nice reef and too limited with my 30 gallon I already have about 30 pounds of live rock and will be buying about 20 more pounds or so of love Rick as well as some base rock to help with my aqua scape I'm going to do it right with a sump/fugium I am think 4 par38 screw in led bulbs as well as some power compacts I already have to help get rid of the spotlight effect I here they give off. I am planning on starting this build after Xmas and will be keeping u all posted with pictures to come. How big of a cuc do u think I would need and what should I go for fish I want one more large fish and maybe 3 more small fish that will school ??
Old 11-29-2011, 07:00 PM

i will most likely be doing lps corals like hammer coral frogspawn and i want an anemone. what kind of lighting would i get the most bang for my buck it would need to be a 36 to 48 inch light. preferably led. and if i did go with the par38 led how many would i need to have sufficient lighting. i saw nebeths system and for a 20 gallon she had like 6 that would be alot. as well if anyone has any input on a good site to buy the par 38 led were they are cheap please let me know? im kinda lost as for lighting
Old 11-29-2011, 10:42 PM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

Hey.. I have five lights hung over my tak, but only three of them are on at ay one tome. I could go with a fourth if I wanted to to have max tank coverage.
If you go with a 36 inch tank, I would say 5-7 par30/38 bulbs
or for the 48 inch tank, 6-8 bulbs.

You could also try the Vertex leds. One of those with a two bulb t5 actinic would work.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 11-30-2011, 12:34 AM

Could u please send me a link to the site u got your bulbs from and the other option u stated ?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:35 AM

Nvm read your other thread lol
Old 11-30-2011, 12:47 AM

Lol.. yeah...John of Boostled, if you go the par30 route, he is a really great guy.. I actually want to buy two of his MU series lights for my larger tank eventually. But it is going to take me a while to save up for them.

Here is the link for the guy o here in Calgary selling the 6 nanotuners par38 bulbs.
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...ght=nanotuners

It is a fair deal he has going on there.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 AM

He sold them I will have to find something else or check out boost led thanks for the help
Old 11-30-2011, 03:08 AM

No problem. Boostleds par 30s are just as good as the par 38's, and they have great color combos now. Best time to buy is when he has them on sale for $65 each.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:45 AM

i think i might go with this does anyone have experience with it and i will probably add something to make up for its small size
Old 11-30-2011, 05:27 AM

What are you going with? I don't see a link. If you are talking about the par30's, there isn't much of a difference between them and the par38 bulbs, just the size of the bulb itsself is smaller, but you still have 5 led lights per and boosts run at 2w each led. You still get the same coverage.