¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

wow, that looks BOSS!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:19 PM

Jeff000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
wow, that looks BOSS!
Thanks, makes me want my drywall finished more. Lol.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:15 PM

Painted the floor and put a utility sink in the fish room here.
I would highly recommend doing both of those before the tank is even in.

Painting the floor was pretty simple, but the area where my overflow was splashing the tiniest amount seems to have left a salt spot that I just can't get out of the concrete and will need a second coat for sure.
The paint makes a HUGE difference. I would highly suggest painting the floor being the first thing you do to a fish room if you aren't going to tile it.
Did make my skimmer pull about 3" of water over night, which seems odd, but everything looks great.

edit, just realized this photo is real blurry, lol. I have a few touch ups to make, but one coat seems to be ok.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:12 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff000 View Post
Painted the floor and put a utility sink in the fish room here.
I would highly recommend doing both of those before the tank is even in.

Painting the floor was pretty simple, but the area where my overflow was splashing the tiniest amount seems to have left a salt spot that I just can't get out of the concrete and will need a second coat for sure.
The paint makes a HUGE difference. I would highly suggest painting the floor being the first thing you do to a fish room if you aren't going to tile it.
Did make my skimmer pull about 3" of water over night, which seems odd, but everything looks great.

edit, just realized this photo is real blurry, lol. I have a few touch ups to make, but one coat seems to be ok.

Oh! Don't show that picture of the sink install to a city inspector. The plumbing for the drain is a no no.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
Oh! Don't show that picture of the sink install to a city inspector. The plumbing for the drain is a no no.
It's temporary, right lol.
It should have a trap, and probably it's own tie in. But the inspector saw it and passed me. I said it was a temporary installation.

But is a trap all its missing? Easy to add, just didn't think it was needed since there is a trap in the floor drain.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:42 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

I just know that Tony tried something similar here in Calgary and he ended up failing his inspection.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:43 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Wow, I got my whole plumbing permit failed because I had a sink draining into a floor drain like that (maybe I just had a big meanie of a plumbing inspector, or maybe Edmonton inspectors suck less than Calgary inspectors). I had to jackhammer the floor to tie into the main drain line AND tie the drain into the nearest vent to the ceiling. (And have a trap, but the main concern was that it didn't have it's own tie-in and venting) - apparently code only allows for "clear water" (aka furnace and A/C condensation) secondary drainage like that (I think that was the term he used for that anyhow) and anything else has to have a trap, tie-in and vent. (Pure awesome sauce.)
Old 05-08-2014, 05:51 PM

waynemah is on a distinguished road

This setup is fantastic.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Wow, I got my whole plumbing permit failed because I had a sink draining into a floor drain like that (maybe I just had a big meanie of a plumbing inspector, or maybe Edmonton inspectors suck less than Calgary inspectors). I had to jackhammer the floor to tie into the main drain line AND tie the drain into the nearest vent to the ceiling. (And have a trap, but the main concern was that it didn't have it's own tie-in and venting) - apparently code only allows for "clear water" (aka furnace and A/C condensation) secondary drainage like that (I think that was the term he used for that anyhow) and anything else has to have a trap, tie-in and vent. (Pure awesome sauce.)
If he would have said anything I would have closed off the water valves, disconnected it and said I'm just storing it it here.
I think he knew that so let it slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemah View Post
This setup is fantastic.
Thanks,
Still a work in progress, but getting closer. I need someone to come in and do a good cleaning. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk