Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 12-20-2012, 10:02 PM

wavemaster is on a distinguished road
Default sixline wrasse with diamond goby and clownfish

Would a 6 line wrasse be a good choice for a biocube 29 reef? It would be with a diamond goby and 2 small but aggressive clownfish (they just killed my chromis). Also, would a 6 line be a threat to snails, sand conch, and a blood shrimp?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:54 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

I personally have stayed away from the six lines just because they don't have the greatest reputations. If you are set on one, add it last. Why not a nice flasher fairy wrasse?? Just make sure you cover your tank as they are jumpers (not sure when I'll learn this ).

Diamond gobys are great as they sift sand but don't create a sand storm in the tank!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
I personally have stayed away from the six lines just because they don't have the greatest reputations. If you are set on one, add it last. Why not a nice flasher fairy wrasse?? Just make sure you cover your tank as they are jumpers (not sure when I'll learn this ).

Diamond gobys are great as they sift sand but don't create a sand storm in the tank!
Im 100% on getting the goby but still thinking about the 6 line. It was just a thought as I am looking to have 4 fish total in my cube. I have also stayed away from the 6 lines, but now that my clowns are turning mean, Im not sure a peaceful fish that swims all around would survive with the clowns?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:33 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Hard to say what your clowns will go after and what they'll leave alone. I guess you could add the six line if it was the last one to go in. Give the goby a chance to settle in the tank first though.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 PM

I ended up getting a diamond goby and a falco hawkfish. I do not know much about hawkfish, other than the falco is usually the most reef safe as far as hawkfish go.

For the goby, I bough a piece of pvc pipe and put it in the sand. I thought he may use it for his home and it would also provide some protection.

I sure hope everything works out.

Anyone have a falco hawkfish?
Old 12-22-2012, 02:00 AM

Psyire is on a distinguished road

I own a sixline and I've owned another in the past. Buy a small one and add it last. (1") Should have no problems then, if not you are taking a big risk.