Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-22-2015, 07:24 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
A lot has been said about removing animals from the reef can impact the reef. I agree with that.
More overall, the stuff that we are dumping can also impact the environment. A lot of people are using medicine to treat their animals and just dump the waste water directly into the sewage or worst directly to storm drain without neutralizing the water first. That can impact the environment.
Also the waste water from our water change can impact the environment. It may have some stuff (live or not) that may not be native to our local environment. Dumping them into sewage and/or storm drain may introduce them to our local environment.

By George, I think you've created a sub category to the original question.... It's our home environment being affected by the hobby.. Carry on, do discuss..

Last edited by jorjef; 12-22-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:37 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
By George, I think you've created a sub category to the original question.... It's our home environment being affected by the hobby.. Carry on, do discuss..
Pretty sure what I had for dinner last night had more of an impact on the local environment than my aquarium ever will.