Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2015, 10:52 PM

_Adrian_ is on a distinguished road
Post DC pumps

Hey guys...

Quick few questions about the new DC pumps on the market...
I've noticed that a lot of people are swayed by the power savings and the quiet operation of these pumps. Price point wise, I'm seeing a lot of people using the Jebao DC series pumps and having decent luck.

I'm currently in the planning stage of a build and I'm wondering how well do these pumps do if left outside the water as my intent is to use two Jebao DC2000 as closed loop pumps as wavemakers and a DC9000 as a main circulation pump.

Tank in question is a Custom Acrylic 165Gal ( 53 x 24 x 30 Display Area ) with integral overflow across the full length of the back pane ( 53 x 6 x 6 ) where all the plumbing and the drains will be hidden and overall tank dimension will be 53 x 30 x 30.

Also does anyone have any information about the pin out of the pump as I'm also thinking about building a 3 CH DC Pump controller that has an Arduino friendly interface for control. This will be done through either SPI, I2C, CANBUS or even PWM.

Any input at this point is greatly appreciated!
PS: I will be posting pictures from SketchUp of the tank latter on tonight.