Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-10-2011, 01:26 PM

mr.wilson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Mr Wilson, thanks so much for sharing such a stunning build with us. This tank really show cased Peter's vision and your ingenuity. What a man's dream may become when he is surrounded by knowledgeable people such as yourself. It has captured what every one of us reef addicts has ever imagined. I for one has followed the rc thread for many many months. It has been a wild and amazing journey. I have learned so much from this build. I can't even begin to tell you how much I, we as reefers appreciate what you and Peter has taken us on. It's simply magical.

The best part about this build is it's made in Canada. I am very proud!

Thanks again to you and Peter.
Peter used Chingchai's build as a model for his thread and the build itself. Chingchai documented it very well with amazing drawings and the thread always kept a professional tone, no trolls, and he answered every question and greeting. Nursing the build thread along is as much work as the tank itself, but it's great to share the experience and have the creative input of a large group... even if they aren't all Canadians
Old 08-10-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Hey Mr. Wilson...hoping you and Peter are both going to MACNA this year so I can chat with you in person. Chatted with Peter a few times on RC and he really has an amazing attitude towards input on this tank.
Peter & I will be at MACNA. I can probably be tracked down from the reefs.com booth as it will be my base.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
I too started to follow this thread on RC but it was too long and hard to find pics. Good to see the update and please keep posting. My favourite tank. What role do you have? Did you help in the build or do you maintain this tank?
I found the thread when it was about 20 pages in and Peter had been working on the tank for about 9 months. The original project manager was in over his head and Peter needed some additional help completing the project.

Long story short, we scrapped just about everything he had, save the tank, stand, UV sterilizers and the live rock.

I started in July of last year and it has been a great ride. I currently maintain the tank and spend about three days a week on site, often more just shooting the **** with Peter.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:35 PM

ReefOcean is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
HOLY S**T...... there are no other words

wait... I want to see the rest of the house!!!!

WOW
I sort of recall a Bentley in his garage
Old 08-10-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDHBSI View Post
what is that red coral with the white feeders?
It's a spider sponge from Australia. It is non-photosynthetic and we have had three of them for about three months now and they appear to be doing well. It's a sponge with a symbiotic/commensal colonial polyp growing on it. We don't target feed due to the shear size of the tank, but we feed 0-150 micron powdered coral foods via an Eheim feeder located in the sump, just above the return intake. The pump delivers food four times a day and we are planning on expanding this system to include frozen foods as well. They are considered to be very difficult to keep, but large tanks harbour a lot of zooplankton that comes out at night.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevotron View Post
I would not imagine if the owner purchased a new house and needs this thing moved !
Peter assures me that they are taking him out of that house in a wooden box, so it's til death do they part
Old 08-10-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefOcean View Post
I sort of recall a Bentley in his garage
He has two, each of them as expensive as the whole tank build. His next door neighbour has a 300 gallon reef tank from Big Al's and a bigger car collection, nice neighbourhood I park my Impala out front to keep it real
Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 PM

ReefOcean is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL yeah. His skimmer probably costs as much as my car. If I had the money, my setup Would be just as ridiculous, maybe even more. I have my eyes on a cylinder that goes all the way up to the second floor.....

I am still young, one day hehe
Old 08-10-2011, 03:36 PM

DAVE is on a distinguished road

Mr. Wilson,

Where did you purchase the water storage tanks? Looking for a few myself.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-10-2011, 05:15 PM

Triggz is on a distinguished road

WOW is right!! I have always enjoyed looking through your setups on the "other Canadian board". Incredible work!

Thanks for sharing.